What's new

Off Brand Schick Injector?

Hey Hamilton these are satisfactory. I have many injectors and I find that the Schick Injector Type E is the best imho. You will be able to find a nice brass one on ebay for a fraction of the price. The schick injector type E is near indestructible as to the off brand handle which feels quite flimsy in the hand. Also my store brand injector similar to the one on ebay loses plating fast it doesnt look aesthetically pleasing. Whereas when I got my E types all that is requires is some dish soap and a good buffing with a microfiber cloth and it shimmers as new. Hope this helps...

Has anyone tried the off brand handle from eBarbershop? It is a bit more expensive than the eBay one. I have an L type and both an E and PAL adjustable en route. How would it compare?

Has anyone tried the off brand handle from eBarbershop? It is a bit more expensive than the eBay one. I have an L type and both an E and PAL adjustable en route. How would it compare?
Have not tried one as yet Harvid, how do you feel about your Type E though? Not to be all gloom and doom but I did not particularly enjoy the adjustable injector. In my opinion the type E is a confluence of all the characteristics that make the schick injector legendary... Perhaps your experience with the adjustable may be different I look forward to your response when you do receive it.

Have not tried one as yet Harvid, how do you feel about your Type E though? Not to be all gloom and doom but I did not particularly enjoy the adjustable injector. In my opinion the type E is a confluence of all the characteristics that make the schick injector legendary... Perhaps your experience with the adjustable may be different I look forward to your response when you do receive it.
Actually, I'm still waiting the E as well (I usually have my eBay purchases sent to my in-laws' place in upstate NY to save on shipping). But I'll let you know (it should be here in about a week when they come up for a visit.

I have the off brand one. It is a good razor and my preferred one for head shaving when using a injector/SE due to longer handle. For face I prefer the Schick E. Mine is solid quality however and performs well.

There is a Type L for sale. Any opinions on those? Mild, aggressive, heave/light handle, etc?

Get it! Wuz zat an echo?
$P1100422.jpg :thumbup:

Last edited:
Decided to go with the a real Schick 1965 L Type. No knock-off, what's the point? Just gave it a test drive and trimmed my sideburns. She's a beaut:

$14 - 1.jpg

And then of course there's Cary Grant shaving with a Schick injector on youtube. So you can't go wrong with these, hahha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the day...the "L" was my first real blade shave...after a few years with electrics. I had many many good shaves with it (although, in my youthful ignorance, I used canned goo).

It should serve you well...enjoy!

While I do like all my injectors, I do have to agree that the adjustable is a bit of a let down after the E. It really has become my go-to daily razor, alternating with my Schick Krona DE (I have a lot of razors that just aren't getting a lot of love right now!). The E is just so efficient at what it does that the PAL adjustable on its most aggressive setting just doesn't compare. On the bright side, at least the PAL has those timeless good looks....

While I do like all my injectors, I do have to agree that the adjustable is a bit of a let down after the E. It really has become my go-to daily razor, alternating with my Schick Krona DE (I have a lot of razors that just aren't getting a lot of love right now!). The E is just so efficient at what it does that the PAL adjustable on its most aggressive setting just doesn't compare. On the bright side, at least the PAL has those timeless good looks....

Glad you like the Type E :thumbup:

Top Bottom