What's new

Issues with Russian Blades

I noticed on twitter that Joe from Italian Barber said he can't get Russian blades. Does this mean no more US imports of Silver Blue blades?

This raises another issue. Are the Silver Blue blades the only blades that may be difficult to buy in the future. What about my Astra SP blades. I currently have around 175 Astra SP's so I don't need any. But if the Russian razor blade market will start to get "tight" I may consider buying some additional razor blades. But I'm not convinced that there's a shortage in the future.

I wouldn't worry...There are many countries close to Russia that get Russian blades,and they will be on ebay selling them for sure.

Perhaps, but I enjoy checking out lots of different blades. I've been following a thread on Treet blades in this forum recently. Maybe if the Russian blades do get scarce there will be more discussion of blades that aren't Astra or Silver Blue. At least we will still have Feather threads.:001_smile

But at what kind of inflated prices?

i guess DE shaving taking on the form of an expensive connesieur hobby is only with these forums. All over DE shaving is the cheapest and most frugal money saver deal.Most companies would make low priced DE blades for as long as the market for these frugal shaving needs exists. I do not think that shortage of russian blades felt by online vendors who deal mainly with these forums would lead to their prices sky rocketing elsewhere outside of these forums.

The sky is not falling. No need to start a feeding frenzy. If you need Voskhod's, shaveabuck.com has them in stock: $15/100.

In this world economy I think we're pretty far from widespread panic and the need to start hoarding DE razor blades. On the other hand my RB AD IS Starting to get aroused...hmmm...maybe it's time to visit a few of my favorite sites and just "have a look/see"...[emoji56][emoji51][emoji48]

$karmarx.jpg

Top Bottom