What's new

Who got a "Goose?

Mine arrived today.. I got home this evening for the unveiling. I really like the Bomber handle -- much more in person than in the pics. That is, I like the looks of it. Of the whole thing, really. I haven't gotten it wet yet, let alone shaved. The baseplate having the oval hole, allowing it to reposition for the Feather Supers... genius. Simple as can be, but I didn't know how that was going to be accomplished before seeing it. And now I have a lot of blades to test....

Hi,

As far as I remember there was a post comparing different blades with the mongoose....being on my smart phone I can not find it...I would need your help to trace this post thanks
Tam

Hi,

As far as I remember there was a post comparing different blades with the mongoose....being on my smart phone I can not find it...I would need your help to trace this post thanks
Tam

I'm also on a phone/tapatalk... but I don't remember such a thread on this forum. There were more than one, I think, on another forum . Here someone posted a graphic showing the different blades from Feather, giving dimensions. I can't locate that post now, either.

However in general terms I can tell you: The Mongoose will NOT fit Dorco blades or Feather Artist Club "Light" blades.

It will fit:
Feather AC Pro
Feather AC Pro Guard
Feather AC Pro/Super
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain Titan Mild ("ProTouch") Guard

The Feather Supers are wider and thicker blades than the others. The threaded post in the top cap of the razor slots into an oval hole in the baseplate, which gives it room to shift to accomodate the wider Supers. The Dorco blades have incompatible mounting holes in the blades themselves (I don't see anyone lamenting their loss, though).

Last edited:
I'm also on a phone/tapatalk... but I don't remember such a thread on this forum. There were more than one, I think, on another forum . Here someone posted a graphic showing the different blades from Feather, giving dimensions. I can't locate that post now, either.

However in general terms I can tell you: The Mongoose will NOT fit Dorco blades or Feather Artist Club "Light" blades.

It will fit:
Feather AC Pro
Feather AC Pro Guard
Feather AC Pro/Super
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain Titan Mild ("ProTouch") Guard

The Feather Supers are wider and thicker blades than the others. The threaded post in the top cap of the razor slots into an oval hole in the baseplate, which gives it room to shift to accomodate the wider Supers. The Dorco blades have incompatible mounting holes in the blades themselves (I don't see anyone lamenting their loss, though).

Thanks Wagstaff,

Maybe i saw it on an other forum, the OP tested different blades...

Rgds

Tam

If it was Sharpspine's journal... I know where to find that on another forum. Don't know if it was posted here too, but I don't think so. (Phone limitations, again).

@Wagstaff: Hi Andrew: You know the unwritten rules. Pics or it did not happen. Kindly post some pics of your Mongoose. I would love to see that handle, too.:a50:

WARHAWK

I'll do my best, Mel... My camera is just a phone, and my internet connection is giving me trouble. But... I just assembled it for the first time. I'll use the Big Dr. Bomber handle for the maiden shave, and take that pic today... should be up later. Thanks for keeping me on the path!

Mongoose arrived yesterday, shaved today with a Feather Super and ending with a Professional. Also had a package arrive from Caties Bubbles and had a very nice, smooth shave. Time will tell vs my everyday shaver The Classic Cobra.
$1-DSC_0014.jpg

I'm having crazy connectivity issues, and this is affecting uploading pics... here's an attempt at a pic that was only partially uploaded. The original photo showed full-length of the razor, here cropped. But it's a close-up of the knurling at least, and a comparison of the thickness of the two Bomber handles. $Bomber handles partial.jpg

I should be getting my Mongoose Tomorrow. :)

I'll try and take some pics of it and post. I've got the S1 which is the satin with the Dr. Bomber handle.

Hoefully I'll have better luck with it than I've had with my new RR stealth.

I should be getting my Mongoose Tomorrow. :)

I'll try and take some pics of it and post. I've got the S1 which is the satin with the Dr. Bomber handle.

Hoefully I'll have better luck with it than I've had with my new RR stealth.

What bad luck did the Stealth give you? Just acquiring it, or in the shave?
I'm not altogether convinced by slant razors still, bit they keep nibbling on my attention. Meanwhile...

For perspective, next to Segal Unitary, which is the size of a SuperSpeed.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1417999993131.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417999993131.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 132
And evidently I can post from my phone ok. Here's the full length handle comparison for the Bombers.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418001580290.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418001580290.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Top Bottom