What's new

Who got a "Goose?

How does one guys get one The List if said guy isn't on Facebook?
There was an email for the list but sadly at the moment, the list is closed. (I don't work for Mongoose so if someone else tells me I'm giving bad news needlessly, then go with it). The good news though is that they'll be in production after this batch, and be sold through BullGoose. I don't know what the timing of that might be.

Well now we know we should be hearing something in about a week. It's the end of the month now. I'm tired of checking my e-mail 35 times a day.

I'm curious how many are on the list compared to how many they have made and how fast they can make them. They said they will go down the list and obviously the first people get them first but I hope it's not a very long delay between number 1 and the end of the list. I know I'm more towards the bottom.

I'm curious how many are on the list compared to how many they have made and how fast they can make them. They said they will go down the list and obviously the first people get them first but I hope it's not a very long delay between number 1 and the end of the list. I know I'm more towards the bottom.

If I was to guess, and this is purely a guess with no facts or evidence to back it up, i.e. just reading the tea leaves, they probably set up the list first so that they could order the right amounts. It sounds like they either got the heads back or will soon and they are finalizing the handles. They would then have all of the razors ready to go. So, based on my conjecture, there wouldn't be much of a delay (except in the physical shipping component) between the first and the last on the list. As someone who is down on the list a bit, this is at least what I hope!

My understanding, from what has been said, is that this batch of razors is being made by a new machine shop. Once they are happy with the razor from this shop I think they are hoping to produce about 100 razors per week (I could be wrong on that number). It sounds like they are in the process of giving the final approval for production from this shop. I have no clue as to how many are on the list. I sounds like the people at the top of the list should be getting contacted in the next week or two. I have one from the first batch and put myself on the list for one from batch 2 also. I waited until the list was almost closed before putting myself on it so I know I am at the end of the list.

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that there was about 250 on the Batch 2 list. Either way, the first ones should be contacted by next week.

So, while we're waiting......what did everyone choose? Mine is an M1/A3. For those who haven't ordered yet, that's a polished head with the Dub Slim handle and the Dr. Bomber handle.

I ordered the S3, satin finish with both the Dr. Bomber and Big Bomber handles. I figured with the upgraded handle, getting the second handle is only an extra $10, so why not?

Edit
for those that haven't received the email yet, they have a bunch of different ordering options, starting with 2 finishes (satin and mirror) then in each finish they have the standard handle and an upgraded(bigger) handle.
$149 w/standard handle
$179 w/upgraded handle
$189 both handles

Last edited:
I'm down for S3 also. Really, I'd love the polished set as well, but alas... At some point in the future, they're talking OC base plates for both, as well. (And then there's the HuntLee to budget for).

I'm down for s1. I like the mirror but not sure what they are talking about with the finish. Also the bomber handle is way nicer.

Top Bottom