What's new

The Straight Shave Video that Got me Started

This is the video that got me started straight shaving well over a year ago.

At first I thought he was going to shave with the large knife hanging on the wall.

Sorry for those who have seen it before, but every time I see this video it puts a smile on my face. He keeps it simple, great technique in my opinion.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this before I got into straight shaving.... This actually kept me away for a good couple of months hahah

It's actually more difficult to shave daily with a straight than to shave off a full grown beard.

I have very much suspected this. In learning to hone over the last week, I have found that "cutting through hot butter" on arm or thigh hair is much, much easier than trying to cut off 24 hour old stubble from one's face. I wonder when men actually started shaving everyday? Back when straight razors were the norm, bathing was something one did weekly.

Willie's follow up .....

Oh right on Mike, just about to watch this and got this weird Stephen King feeling..."Hi Willie - I'm your biggest fan!"

Is he active on any boards...sheesh...I'd like to send him a nice razor to say thanks and watch him shave like a boss with it!

Top Bottom