What's new

Just got my first straight

Excited to use it for the first time! $uploadfromtaptalk1409880968766.jpg

Nice looking setup. Good luck with your first shave. Switched to straights a couple months ago from de and am really enjoying it.

You have a nice kit. Set aside enough time to enjoy your shaves. Do proper prep and razor maintenance each shave. When you finish shaving thoroughly dry your razor with tissue and strop, coat with a little oil and you will avoid the dreaded black spots that can become pits.

Thanks! Actually completed my first shave with it. I only did both sides of my cheeks and around the jaw line and called it a day. Finished up with a de. What a great smooth shave though. No nicks and cuts. I took it easy, slowly, took my time. It was great. My wife recorded it all on vid. She bought it and the strop for our 10th anniversary. Then I cleaned it with TP, stropped and piles and put away in a special sleeve I bought for it. All in all..I felt Alive!!

Nothing like an encounter with a naked blade and coming away with all blood staying on the inside to make you feel alive, eh! :thumbup1:

Congrats on the initial success and keep us posted. When you attempt the more difficult areas (as well as doing the simple areas still) remember to keep the skin flat and stretched in front of the blade. Whether you use mouth contortions, puffing our your cheeks or pulling the skin with your off hand. Also use a very shallow angle (one spine width for the most part.) Also, don't use any pressure, let the edge do the work so don't bear down or push excessively. Use sure steady strokes though and don't hesitate as you do the strokes.

Welcome to B&B Ginoman: Just concentrate on improving your SR shaving technique. Watch some youtube videos on the proper technique for stropping your razor.

Top Bottom