What's new

WSP Rustic Soap.Anyone Use?

Has anyone used the WSP Rustic shave soap? They have several different scents, and the pricing looks great. Just wanted to make sure I didn't buy a dud.

I agree. You can't beat the quality for the price. I have the barbershop and its one of my favorites. Its not a dud, its actually a great opportunity to snag a great soap at a great price. For less than $9 bucks delivered, you can't lose...add to cart!

Good deal, I ordered the mahogany. I wanted the barbershop, but already have a few scents of it from other soaps.

If you have Cold River's american barber shop, then you will recognize a very similar scent compared to the WSP barbershop. Please let us know how you like the mahogany when it arrives.

I have used the unscented and it's fantastic. Loads and lathers up easily. It's a steal at 3 times the price they have it offered for right now.

I used this soap for the first time this morning, in the Mahogany scent. Excellent performance, it was thick and lasted 3 passes + touch ups with ease. The scent was very pleasant, but kind of light once lathered. But I much prefer that to too heavy or irritating.
Overall from the ones I got I do think the Marrakesh may be my favorite.

I was one of the testers for this soap. After my 4th shave using the sample sent I ordered a tin of the unscented. It loads quickly and easily and provides excellent cushion. It is supposed to be his take on MDC, I can't provide any comparison, I never used MDC. I am a Proraso junkie and I like this soap even more. On occasion I will add a dab of Proraso (blue, green or red) to my semi loaded brush for a bit of scent.

I used this soap for the first time this morning, in the Mahogany scent. Excellent performance, it was thick and lasted 3 passes + touch ups with ease. The scent was very pleasant, but kind of light once lathered. But I much prefer that to too heavy or irritating.
Overall from the ones I got I do think the Marrakesh may be my favorite.

Sounds nice, can you compare the Mahogany and Marrakesh scents to any other soap scents?

The soap offers: easy loading, a slippery glide, a comfortable cushion, and proper moisturizing. And at that price, you're only decision now is which scent. I've ordered 6 samples and will soon buy some regular tins.

I tested the unscented soaps for 2 weeks, then used MdC (Original) for a week to compare and couldn't find a significant difference.

I received the mahogany yesterday, I will take it for a spin tomorrow morning and let you guys know how it does. Initial thoughts of smell are great, a sweet "woodsy" smell. If it does good I'll be ordering some of the other scents, you simply cant beat the price.

Sounds nice, can you compare the Mahogany and Marrakesh scents to any other soap scents?

Sorry, missed your question before. I'm not really great with scent descriptions, and the soaps don't really compare to much that I've used before.

I can say the Mahogany is mainly woodsy, with some spicy and sweet notes.
While the Marrakesh is sweet, with some spicy and woodsy notes.

LOL not very helpful I'm sure.

Well guys I have used this soap in the Mahogany scent a couple times now, and it is a home run! I cant think of one negative thing to say about it. It is incredibly slick, great cushion, and left my skin feeling great. The scent is on the strong side, which I personally like. I had two great shaves with no irritaion or nicks. For the price, it's a steal! My only gripe is that the container is on the small side. If you have a larger brush, loading it could be difficult. Other than that though, I will definitely be ordering some other scents.

ON deck for tomorrow.............

proxy.php

I was one of the testers for this new line of soft soaps from Wet Shaving Products. My sample arrived completely dried out and crumbled to the touch. I soaked it over night and was able to get an OK lather and shave. I had decided not to buy any when it came out. Then, I started to see some great feedback and decided to try a tin of the final version. I am glad I did.

I tried the new WSP Rustic Shaving Soap today. I ordered the Mahogany scent: mahogany accented with Italian bergamot, apple wood, Tonka bean, patchouli, cedar wood, oak moss, cardamom, vanilla bourbon and allspice. The scent is great! It reminds me of a fine pipe tobacco. It is another excellent Artisan soft soap. Ingredients: stearic acid, water, potassium hydroxide, coconut oil, glycerin, fragrance oil. The only I have an issue with is the tin. For me, it is too narrow with no “room at the top”. It also left a circle of rust on my sink. I am going to transfer it to an 8 oz Specialty Bottle Tub. All in all though, I think Lee and Wet Shaving Products have a winner with these new soaps!
Currently, they are also only $5.99 for a 125g/4.2oz tin!

proxy.php

Top Bottom