What's new

WSP Rustic Soap.Anyone Use?

I transferred it to the 8 oz jar. Much better, IMHO.

proxy.php

Bob, the smaller tin is my only complaint also. Where did you get the 8oz tub from? I would like to get a few because I have some of the other scents on the way.

I have to agree with you guys..I love everything about this soap except for the small tin..I will check out those jars..thanks for the link.

Not a dud, pretty darn good soap and a steal at the intro price. Easy to lather, nice and slick and plenty protective.

Plus 1 here...It is soon becoming one of my favorite soaps. Great glide and slickness. Picked up the Fougere Noir and Mahogany.
4.2 oz for $5.99 The only complaint I have is that the tins are too small and it's a bit messy loading the brush.

I had my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] shave with the Mahogany Rustic Shaving Soap. It is much easier to work with in the 8 oz jar. After loading my brush for 20 seconds in the jar (which was probably too long) I got enough thick, slick, cushioning, great smelling lather for a 3+ pass shave. A keeper for sure.

proxy.php

Just my 2c. I also received a test sample (unscented). While I thought the soap was decent - it did not match the performance of my top 3-5 soaps - especially when it came to protection during shave. I decided to not buy any more.

I bought the Fougere Noir after reading this thread. Almost every other scent listed patchouli, and I'm not sure what it smells like. Is patchouli one of the scents in Skin Bracer? There's a scent in that stuff that puts me off, kind of sweet and hard to describe, I was worried it might be patchouli.

I bought the Fougere Noir after reading this thread. Almost every other scent listed patchouli, and I'm not sure what it smells like. Is patchouli one of the scents in Skin Bracer? There's a scent in that stuff that puts me off, kind of sweet and hard to describe, I was worried it might be patchouli.
Patchouli is the scent in Givenchy Gentleman if you can find some to try. Or you might check the testers in the scent section of Whole Foods (if one is nearby), but the EO will be strong there.

FYI-Lee said he is going to start using rust proof containers. I hope they are jars/tubs.

I used the Mahogany again today. It continues to impress!

proxy.php

I agree Bobcat, I also used Mahogany this morning and had a great shave. Its amazing how easily it is to lather this soap, you don't need much effort. I have to be selfish on this one, but I hope he doesn't change his prices! :thumbup:

I agree Bobcat, I also used Mahogany this morning and had a great shave. Its amazing how easily it is to lather this soap, you don't need much effort. I have to be selfish on this one, but I hope he doesn't change his prices! :thumbup:

It said the prices were low because they are still perfecting things.

I am sure the price will increase somewhat after the introductory phase, but price is hardly the biggest draw for me. This is an excellent artisan soft soap.

I have Mahogany and Barbershop on the way - two tins for about $15 shipped is a tremendous deal. If it performs and smells half as well as what I've read in this thread then I'm sure it'll be a keeper. The LAST thing I need right now is another soap, but I can't help it when something gets rave reviews and is almost being given away...

I received the Black Amber Vanilla today, and it smells great. As the name implies, it has a strong vanilla scent to it, with some complex woody notes to it. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow with my new stealth slant.

Top Bottom