What's new

Gentleman! SEptember is already upon us!

I noticed no one had started the annual thread in honor of the single-edge-shavin'-est month of 'em all.

Happy SEptember!

Today's shave:

Open Comb Micromatic, GEM stainless blade, Williams Mug Soap, Ever Ready 100T

I've been in and didn't know it. :laugh: Since 8/31, has been GEM MMOC w/ Personna/GEM Blue Star blade.

Won an Ever-Ready Travel this morning and got my tracking number for a Batch 1 Mongoose. ( :w00t: ) Will definitely be going SE all month.

Today

Pre: Shower + Noxzema Classic Clean
Brush: L'Occitane/Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Black Cumin & Orange
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: Personna/GEM Blue Star

Last edited:
I'd love to join but I'll miss my first SEptember in 3 years due to a commitment to one straight this month.

Have great single edged fun!

I'd love to join but I'll miss my first SEptember in 3 years due to a commitment to one straight this month.

Have great single edged fun!

Understandable. I did the same thing this summer. It was quite an enjoyable learning experience.

5 SEptember 2014

Pre: Shower + RR/HTGAM Mentholated Lime
Brush: SOC Boar Ash
Soap: AOS Lemon
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: Personna/GEM Blue Star (6)

Mongoose arrives tomorrow!!
:w00t:

Too bad I wasn't in batch 1 for the Mongoose. I'll suffer through SEptember with my 1914, 1912, and OCMM. Hopefully I'll get a Mongoose in October.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm just glad AUgust is over. Kind of expensive using only razors made from gold.

I laid out my razors for the next few days of SEptember.
L-R: GEM Junior, HERO, ER 1912, Radio 1912, and for today's shave, the Micromatic

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410013886.090605.jpg

6 SEptember 2014

Pre: RR/HTGAM Mentholated Lime
Cream: TOBS Coconut
Brush: Kent BK12
Razor: Mongoose SB + Dub Legend
Blade: Kai Captain Mild

attachment.php

SOTD 7 SEptember 2014
Pre: Noxzema Classic Clean
Cream: Stirling Black Cumin & Orange
Brush: AoS Silvertip

I'm really liking the Mongoose so far. Didn't need to shave - still CCS from yesterday - but wanted to.

View attachment 493108

Unfortunately I discovered today that my Hero is unusable. As is, anyway. It may need some modification to hold the blade securely. So today was my GEM Junior LC.$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410113974.858548.jpg

I had two nice shaves with a couple of different Damaskeenes on Friday and Saturday. Today I used a "regular" GEM 1912. I've completely lost track of how many shaves are on this GEM stainless blade. Sometimes these things seem like they'll last forever. Until they don't. :biggrin1:
6 SEptember 2014

Pre: RR/HTGAM Mentholated Lime
Cream: TOBS Coconut
Brush: Kent BK12

SOTD 7 SEptember 2014
Pre: Noxzema Classic Clean
Cream: Stirling Black Cumin & Orange
Brush: AoS Silvertip

I'm really liking the Mongoose so far. Didn't need to shave - still CCS from yesterday - but wanted to.

The 'Goose is loose!

Unfortunately I discovered today that my Hero is unusable. As is, anyway. It may need some modification to hold the blade securely. So today was my GEM Junior LC.

Sorry about he Hero. I think the GEM Junior Bar gives some of the nicest shaves as just about anything.

I'm in I have had 2 shaves on my first SE a Gem Jr I will use it through SEptember it'll give me a good go at learning the old but extremely well made razor of yester year.

Inspired by the Hero I decided to use one of the variants (a Stoll). The Stoll looks aggressive bit it's an incredibly mild razor.

$5xptkw.jpg

Top Bottom