What's new

Does anyone know who makes this brush?

Hello everyone. Am in Houston, Texas on business and dropped by British Aisles. Pretty cool store. Their 'store brand' is Crowley & Tosh. Picked up a reasonably priced silver tip brush and was curious if anyone knew who made these brushes for them?
$ESR_3100x1024.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm not an expert, and I don't play one on TV, but it looks a lot like a Rooney, not sure which style. I'm probably wrong, and some real experts should be along any time now to correct me

Last edited:
The type of horn resin resembles Rooney's, but I don't think I've ever seen that particular handle before.

Not Rooney, in my opinion. The proportions are wrong. My guess is contract manufacturing somewhere in Asia.

Also the name "Crowley & Tosh" has always seemed odd to me. In the UK "tosh" is trash, and "crowley" is often pronounced "crawly". You want me to use a brush made by "Crawly & Trash"? Odd, that.

Last edited:
Not Rooney, in my opinion. The proportions are wrong. My guess is contract manufacturing somewhere in Asia.

Also the name "Crowley & Tosh" has always seemed odd to me. In the UK "tosh" is trash, and "crowley" is often pronounced "crawly". You want me to use a brush made by "Crawly & Trash"? Odd, that.
Man, that's a buzz kill:mad3:

(as he wanders back under his rock with his newfound brush o' trash) lol

Crowley rhymes with holy. I don't think I've ever heard it pronounced "crawley". Tosh... oh well. I'm a fan of Daniel Tosh's stand-up!

The brush looks very much like the Edwin Jagger brushes. I'm not sure who makes those, either -- but I'm guessing the same folks who made the "Crowley & Tosh".

Last edited:
Top Bottom