What's new

Home made razorstand

Well, just made a stand. Did it on my lunch break so no high finish, but works great and holds 9 razors.
Now I want to do another one, but with some more time and different. I like wood because I do belive metal stands will ruin plating in time. Please, share your home made stands!
$20140904_002525~01.jpg$20140904_003521~01.jpg$994187_10203950732342636_1914700641141986191_n.jpg

Looks great and I've seen your craftmanship! I'm just a "hospitalworker" so...I'm anything but good at craftmanship! :)

I'm just an IT guy, so I'm not qualified, either. :lol:

Plus it took me weeks to make my rack. I think if I had done it during my lunch break, it wouldn't look so nice. :-D

I'm just an IT guy, so I'm not qualified, either. :lol:

Plus it took me weeks to make my rack. I think if I had done it during my lunch break, it wouldn't look so nice. :-D

Hahaha! Can you see "your" brush,chamm? :001_smile

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
That's a couple of very nice stands. My friends tell me I'm not allowed to handle power tools, so I have to make do with a nice pipe stand I got for a bargain several years ago. Maybe I'll take a mediocre pic and post it again; I posted it several years ago, but its probably buried a couple thousand posts down somewhere here

Last edited:
Hahaha! Can you see "your" brush,chamm? :001_smile

Oh wow, I do!! Hiding there in the top left corner! I have fond memories of that guy. I think that was one of my first (of many) trades here, and I still have that Strivel. :-D

Ah... Memories. :)

Very cool looking stands. That's gotta feel great having the talent to be able to make those. I'll be interested in seeing what you do next.

I love these threads. Always lots of quality craftsmanship! Makes me wish I had a workshop of some sort. Space is limited in my bathroom, and it just doesn't feel right having it all crammed into a drawer!

As long as we're showing off racks, I've got one, too:

$P1020698.jpg

Does it look familiar? Yes, that's right, it is a Chamm original. I'm sorry to hear he's not in the rack racket anymore, so to speak. I only use mine for brushes and it has made a big difference in keeping the clutter to a minimum in the shave cave. Fits perfectly between the backsplash and the mirror.
Unlike, Larzone and Chamm, there is no chance I could make one of these myself, but I'm glad I have this one!:thumbup1:

Top Bottom