What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Found these today at at Jefferson Flea market outside of New Orleans in Kenner.

Gem Demaskeene, Black Tip, and a Ball Tech.
They were real funky but cleaned up very nice, I'm especially excited about the Damaskeene....it's my first.
Always wondered about them as shavers guess I'll find out this week! :)View attachment 493721View attachment 493721

Good find! I went there when I was home and the lady told me she sold everything she had to the movie prop people.

Live in Gretna and work uptown. I have been wanting to go to the Jefferson flea market but never make it over there.

I went everywhere when I was home and let me tell you, the antique stores suck! There was only one with any good razors and they wanted $30 - $50 for ball end techs and such. It was a place on magazine so I figured it would be expensive.

Magazine does usually suck. SWMBO likes to go to sucre down there so we always wander in to the antique stores. There is one in that same block as sucre was asking $45 for a new with multiple bent teeth. I sometimes am able to get a good deal at top drawer antique in the 4300 block of magazine, across from the police station. I have been successful in getting a reasonable price there. I got my first vintage Gillette there, a L1 tech for $10 and it is my daily driver. I have been on a search for a replacement handle for my WWI khaki set but still no luck locally.

Magazine does usually suck. SWMBO likes to go to sucre down there so we always wander in to the antique stores. There is one in that same block as sucre was asking $45 for a new with multiple bent teeth. I sometimes am able to get a good deal at top drawer antique in the 4300 block of magazine, across from the police station. I have been successful in getting a reasonable price there. I got my first vintage Gillette there, a L1 tech for $10 and it is my daily driver. I have been on a search for a replacement handle for my WWI khaki set but still no luck locally.

So we are all in agreement. The antique shops on Magazine Suck.

Found in Covington Today:
sorry to say, I cleaned them out!

All for $40

The Haul:

(another flare tip)
An Aristocrat
5 great mugs that all came with brushes
The coolest mug I have ever seen in my life. I don't even mind that part of the mustache is chipped off.

Any help on the ID of the brushes would be great....only one has a brand name on it.
It says "barbershop" boar badger.

Saved the best pic for last

Born and raised in Westwego but now live in Marrero (westbank). Went to the Magazine antique mall a few weeks back and they are insanely priced for tourists no doubt.

I've noticed this forum has a lot of LA residents. Maybe we should organize a meet at one of the local antique places/flea markets. Could really do some damage then lol...

Born and raised in Westwego but now live in Marrero (westbank). Went to the Magazine antique mall a few weeks back and they are insanely priced for tourists no doubt.

I've noticed this forum has a lot of LA residents. Maybe we should organize a meet at one of the local antique places/flea markets. Could really do some damage then lol...

No crap, another Westwegan in here huh! I was born and raised there, lived there until I joined the AF.

That's awesome. I spent MANY a weekend in back of Bayou Segnette at my uncle's camp. There are plenty worse places to grow up than Westwego despite it's negative stigma given by Eastbankers. lol

Was stationed at Barksdale AFB in the seventies, got out and went to NLU oops now ULM. Wifes family from Winnsboro. Live in California now retired and return to Louisiana couple times a year for a few months each time. In Texas for a bit and going to Winnsboro next week. Looking forward to some good Southern cooking.

Mike

Born in Baton Rouge. Moved to Gonzales as a kid until I went to college at LSU. Since then I've lived in BR.

There is an antique shop called Aladdin's Lamp Antiques (on Government Street) that always seems to have razors available. They also have a couple of old brushes. Circa 1857, a popular antique shop on Government, has a couple of straights. I have not checked out any other antique shops around town or surrounding areas. Apparently, Livingston Parish has great antique shops. My wife doesn't appear to be an "antiquer" and I have small children, so I don't get out much.

Slidell checking in. Nice to see everyone here. And as for antiques here, don't bother. I cleaned them out some time ago.

Has anyone gone to Aiden Gill on Magazine or Fulton?? Got a lot of nice stuff. Creams/soaps/colognes/etc. I like the one on Magazine and go to Juan's Flying Burrito for some interesting chow.

Top Bottom