What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Also, Earthly Concerns on Lee Drive in BR has some wet shaving products. Pre de Provence and Velobra shaving soaps and Art of Shaving products. Maybe others. They also carry 3 or 4 different brushes.

I forgot about that place. I went in there about a year ago when I didn't really know what I was looking at. I will have to make another appearance.

Hello neighbors. I am a Lake Charles resident. The rest of ya'll seem to be east of me.
I'm working my way into straight razor shaving. Gathered my supplies from local vendors, but pickins are few around here. Antique shops don't seem to have much stock. Drug stores & beauty supply shops are not servicing our needs. I've seen, and purchased my starter set of VDH, both Deluxe and Luxury. No shops cater to the educated shaver. No Arko, Porasso, etc. But I can get Pinaud products by the quart.
I did find an antique shop near Beaumont, Texas, where I've purchased another straight and a hone. They still have half a dozen straights and a number of shavettes in stock, until my budget allows or someone else finds that shop.
Happy hunting!

Hello neighbors. I am a Lake Charles resident. The rest of ya'll seem to be east of me.
I'm working my way into straight razor shaving. Gathered my supplies from local vendors, but pickins are few around here. Antique shops don't seem to have much stock. Drug stores & beauty supply shops are not servicing our needs. I've seen, and purchased my starter set of VDH, both Deluxe and Luxury. No shops cater to the educated shaver. No Arko, Porasso, etc. But I can get Pinaud products by the quart.
I did find an antique shop near Beaumont, Texas, where I've purchased another straight and a hone. They still have half a dozen straights and a number of shavettes in stock, until my budget allows or someone else finds that shop.
Happy hunting!

My wife and in-laws are from LC. Welcome aboard. There is one place in Lake Charles that sells Crabtree & Evelyn shaving cream. It's called Expressions. C&E gets good reviews here on B&B. Also, if your travels take you to Houston, there is a store called British Isles that sells A LOT of shaving supplies. As the name indicates, the creams and soaps are all from Great Britain ("The 3 Ts" plus more).

Thanks Daniel. That store, Expressions, is on Ryan street, a dozen blocks away. Heck, in LC, everything is not much more than a dozen blocks away. After living in Atlanta for twenty years, I'm enjoying my home town. I do make it to Houston on occasion and will make time for British Isles shopping trip.

Wow... Expressions is defiantly worth the stop. Friendly staff, the manager's husband uses straight razors so she stocks Jack Black products. Lo & behold, samples! Supreme Cream, Post Shave Cooling Gel, Face Buff, Daily Facial Cleanser, Face Moisturizer, All-Over Wash, & Beard Lube.
I purchased Nudy Booty Lime Patchouli Natural Deodorant to offset the wonderful JB freebies. Two ounces for $8.00. $JB samples from Expressions.gif

Last edited:
Nice. A friend of mine uses the JB Shaving Cream with a brush and is quite satisfied with it. I use the All-Over Wash soap as my daily shower soap/shampoo. My wife enjoys the scent :thumbup1:.

While we're on the subject of local shops that sell wet shaving products, there is a relatively new barber shop on Nicholson in BR that sells razors, brushes, shaving soaps, and other grooming products. Not a lot of selection but worth a look. Called Mercer Supply, Co.

Man, so many places in BR I didn't know about. Good to know!

I have to make it over to British Isles on my next trip to Houston. I've been to Houston a few times since starting my wet shave journey (in that shopping center even!) but didn't have time to get in there.

Man, so many places in BR I didn't know about. Good to know!

I have to make it over to British Isles on my next trip to Houston. I've been to Houston a few times since starting my wet shave journey (in that shopping center even!) but didn't have time to get in there.

If you have a lady friend (or wife) take her to British Isles. It's more a store for the ladies but they have the shaving section in the middle of the store.

[MENTION=59302]dpittman70[/MENTION]

I checked out the Bain Amour Bath & Body Co. like you said. I am part of a soap sample pass around and I thought to reach out and offer to buy some samples to put in the pass around. I mean if there is something good from home you want to represent...right? Any way...Theresa (Owner) sent me four very generous samples of shaving soap and a large sample of her Green Irish Tweed AS. I was very impressed. I will be giving some reviews in the next couple of days in another thread. I just thought you guys would like to know. I will make sure I post the links.

@dpittman70

I checked out the Bain Amour Bath & Body Co. like you said. I am part of a soap sample pass around and I thought to reach out and offer to buy some samples to put in the pass around. I mean if there is something good from home you want to represent...right? Any way...Theresa (Owner) sent me four very generous samples of shaving soap and a large sample of her Green Irish Tweed AS. I was very impressed. I will be giving some reviews in the next couple of days in another thread. I just thought you guys would like to know. I will make sure I post the links.

very good. Looking forward to your reviews.

Anybody going to the big game tomorrow? If you are, Tiki Bar Soaps is located in Tuscaloosa. Looking forward to the game but will not make a prediction. Odds makers think Bama by 7 (I think).

Anybody going to the big game tomorrow? If you are, Tiki Bar Soaps is located in Tuscaloosa. Looking forward to the game but will not make a prediction. Odds makers think Bama by 7 (I think).
I'll make a prediction. LSU by three points but a lot more touchdowns than people think.

I hope I'm wrong and LSU wins by 30.

Hey guys, sharing something on behalf of a fellow Louisiana wet shaver and Artisan, Leo Frilot of PerFect Woodworks, llc:

"Just wanted to let the group know that I'll be setup this weekend at the Covington 3 Rivers Arts Festival in Downtown Covington, LA. I'll have lots of shaving products on hand so swing by and take a look. Please help pass the word to others that may be interested."

He makes brushes, DE handles and matching stands. I've seen pictures of some of his stuff and it looks really good!

So, I thought I would chime in again with some more finds. The wife and I went to St. Francisville for a festival they were having. We stopped at a shop that my wife loves called Grandmother's Buttons. While looking around I noticed a section with some shaving gear in it. The store had a limited amount of Caswell-Massey items, Lucky Tiger, Shave Essentials, and some other things I can't remember. Just letting you all know.

$GB 1.jpg$GB 2.jpg$GB 3.jpg$GB 4.jpg

So the other day the wife and I went to the mall here in Baton Rouge (Mall of Louisiana). I used to work at Lee Michael's years ago and didn't really leave on great terms so I absolutely detest the mall and therefore NEVER go. Well what the wife wants...the wife gets, and therefore I went to the mall. So they have an outdoor portion that I think the call the Boulevard (?). In this section I discovered the store L'Occitane En Provence. Here they had several of their Shaving Creams, After Shave Balms, Shaving Soap, etc. Let me say, some of these smell wonderful. Sorry no pics. Just thought I should let you all know.

Top Bottom