What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Hi,

Looks like I'll be PCSing to NOLA early next year. Getting very excited about getting there!

Last edited:
I sure will! We are looking to live in the Kenner, Metairie, Lakeview area.

If your daily work will be in Belle Chasse, my own personal recommendation would be Lakeview or closer (to the Westbank). Even the Westbank itself has some pretty nice areas. Kenner to Belle Chasse is about a 45 minute ride with minimal traffic (which never happens).

We're really waiting to see what's on the market once we get there. My wife would like to live in Jefferson Co so my son can go to the international school, but I"m happy as long as it's safe.

We're really waiting to see what's on the market once we get there. My wife would like to live in Jefferson Co so my son can go to the international school, but I"m happy as long as it's safe.

It's cute how you call them counties. :tongue_sm

I completely understand about the school situation though. There's a reason more middle class families send their kids to private schools than any other place in the nation. And it's not because we have a wealthy middle class...

Fortunately, my wife and I live out in St. Charles Parish (or "county" as some people call them). It is among the top public school districts in the state.

Hello fellow Cajuns!!
I grew up in St. James Parish, graduated from LSU, lived in Mobile for 35 years, then retired here in Baton Rouge. It is great to be back home. I'm a huge Tiger fan (in fact, getting ready to head out to the Auburn/LSU tailgate in just a few minutes) and a long time wet shaver. I would be very interested in a get together to swap, sell, show off, tell lies, etc with other Louisiana members.
John

Hello fellow Cajuns!!
I grew up in St. James Parish, graduated from LSU, lived in Mobile for 35 years, then retired here in Baton Rouge. It is great to be back home. I'm a huge Tiger fan (in fact, getting ready to head out to the Auburn/LSU tailgate in just a few minutes) and a long time wet shaver. I would be very interested in a get together to swap, sell, show off, tell lies, etc with other Louisiana members.
John
Hey John! I'm a bit of Tiger Fan myself. Maybe we'll run into each other at the game! 😄 Glad to have you aboard. I'm a resident of South BR.

Hello fellow Cajuns!!
John

Welcome aboard John and welcome back! Tiger fan here myself. I live out in Denham Springs myself. I used to tailgate religiously but some things happened and I go out about half the time now. Anyway, glad to have you hear and can't wait for the game tonight. One of my favorite things to do is watch LSU destroy Auburn, and then there is destroying Ole Miss, destroying Florida, Destroying Alabama, and Destroying A&M. if those things all happen, I am a pretty happy person. Geaux Tigers.

So to those who live in the Baton Rouge area...

So the Bath and Body Works in Denham Springs at Juban Crossing just opened yesterday. The wife wanted to go in today and look for a couple of things so I went with her. I have been to the local B&BW at both malls and out at Tanger in Gonzales and none of them carry the CO Bigelow/Proraso cream. I have asked several times and it seems that only a select few carry them. Anyway, I walked into the one at Juban Crossing and it turns out they have the big, size tube, the small, size tube, the canned goo, and all of the colognes, body washes, and more. I was able to smell the CO Bigelow Colognes (Blue, White, and Black Elixer). I even have a pic of the stuff. Just thought you all should know.

$BBW and CO Big.jpg

Glad to see so many Tiger fans! The Auburn game was unbelievable, but so was the heat! Man, we almost passed out in the stadium. It was miserable! Glad to see the Bigelow stuff at a BBY...have never seen it before. Hopefully we can have a get together....would love to do some trading, etc.
John

There is a Meetup being planned in New Orleans for December 21. It's looking like I might be the point man on it and I could use some local help!

That's a Monday?

Being a Monday, I may be able to get with the group near lunchtime. Perhaps take an extended lunch since it's a holiday week. I can provide any support needed, but be aware, I'll likely not make the whole event. Should it occur on a weekend, I'll likely not make it at all.

Top Bottom