What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Slidell checking in. Nice to see everyone here. And as for antiques here, don't bother. I cleaned them out some time ago.

Has anyone gone to Aiden Gill on Magazine or Fulton?? Got a lot of nice stuff. Creams/soaps/colognes/etc. I like the one on Magazine and go to Juan's Flying Burrito for some interesting chow.

I actually prefer the Aiden gill on Fulton. Right across from Mannings andRuths Chris. The antique stores or wait overpriced though. Try the ones on Jefferson and airline much better prices.

Just got off the boat a month ago from NJ. Gonna be calling BR home for the next 5 years or so!
Welcome aboard! They have some nice antique shops in downtown Denham Springs you might want to check out. It's just a few miles from Baton Rouge

Local find today. I have never found it locally but ran across it today and had to buy it while taking my straight to get honed at big easy tools. He has a few NOS ivory scaled straights in stock as well. $20141024_143414.jpg

Last edited:
Destrehan, here! I work in Metairie at the Lakeway building, and my wife and I regularly get out around town.

The Magazine and Royal antique stores aren't really the type of stores one would expect to find our sort of antiques. They're more geared towards the upscale furniture, silver, crystal type of crowd.

The places to check out are:

Jefferson Flea (Find Dianne, she's the one with all the razors and occasionally brush handles. There's also a guy across from her who usually has a fountain pen or two)
Cypress Bayou Antiques at Central and Jeff Hwy. Don't go here if your claustrophobic. But almost everything they have would fit into a subforum here. They usually have a HUGE cast iron selection.
Airline Treasures, .25 miles from Transcontinental on Airline. A couple different shops. The ladies there are sweet as pumpkin pie. Sometimes the lady in the back will have a razor or blades. Found my first fountain pens here.
River Road Flea Market. Meh. Prices are not negotiable. An occasional pen, less occasionally a razor.

Maybe we should keep a list of LA shops worth stopping at. Especially along the I-10, I-49, and Hwy 61 corridors.

Anybody going to the bonfire festival?

Just found this thread. I live in Old Jefferson. I was born in Mandeville, moved to Florida when I was 10, moved back to Jefferson when I was 24.

Good tips of finding things. If you want new, Aidan Gill for Men is the place to go. Good selection of higher end products (Pen's, Castle Forbes, Santa Maria Novella, Floris). As well as the usual T&H, GFT, DR Harris. They have a few other brands as well including I Coloniali and Musgo Real. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but worth a look. They also have a good selection of (overpriced) hardware. There is also an AOS store on Canal St near One Canal Place, as well as Saks in One Canal Place.

Just found this thread. I live in Old Jefferson. I was born in Mandeville, moved to Florida when I was 10, moved back to Jefferson when I was 24.

Good tips of finding things. If you want new, Aidan Gill for Men is the place to go. Good selection of higher end products (Pen's, Castle Forbes, Santa Maria Novella, Floris). As well as the usual T&H, GFT, DR Harris. They have a few other brands as well including I Coloniali and Musgo Real. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but worth a look. They also have a good selection of (overpriced) hardware. There is also an AOS store on Canal St near One Canal Place, as well as Saks in One Canal Place.

Good observations, Ryan. Dillard's and Sephora in Lakeside mall also carry some AoS software. Additionally, there a quite a few neighborhood drugstores in the area (Majoria, NOLA Discount, Castellon) that carry Pinaud aftershaves and a few other traditional products as well. I get my Veg from NOLA Discount on Clearview/W. Esplanade.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Sho-Nuff:

proxy.php
I'm here in DeRidder (outside of Leesville & Fort Polk)! :thumbsup:

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"[Other states are] beautiful to look at, but you can't be a part of it until you [‘Fall in Love with Louisiana’ all over again]...” Jennifer Granholm[/FONT]

Last edited:
Welcome guys!

How about some of you along I-10 (between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles)... are any flea markets or antique stores worth stopping by?

Top Bottom