What's new

Looking for a new hair gel

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Suavecito is probably one of my faves but just tried shiner heavy hold and really liking it! Any really good ones there in Italy?

There's only one that is worth trying and it's called "Brillantina Linetti". This stuff has been around since ever and actually is quite good, but the vast majority are my top favourite come from the Good Old USA!

There's only one that is worth trying and it's called "Brillantina Linetti". This stuff has been around since ever and actually is quite good, but the vast majority are my top favourite come from the Good Old USA!

Funny you should say that, Marco. I use the Linetti Brillantina pomade and I love it. No hard, helmet head for me. And when I want a little shine, I add a little Linetti Oil. Works great...keeps the hair in place and smells great too. But I still want to get my hands on some Suavecito...maybe one day!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Funny you should say that, Marco. I use the Linetti Brillantina pomade and I love it. No hard, helmet head for me. And when I want a little shine, I add a little Linetti Oil. Works great...keeps the hair in place and smells great too. But I still want to get my hands on some Suavecito...maybe one day!

Tony, two days ago I placed an order for two jars of O'Douds Heavy Hold pomade, which is a relatively new pomade from Houston - Texas. It's contains 100% natural ingredients and it's entirely vegan friendly. Also, it's oil based hence won't dry out and from what I've read has very good hold and excellent shine. Heard great things on it and the glass jar was just too cool not to buy it!

You might also consider a hair tonic like Vitalis. I'm wearing it today, and it has enough hold to keep my short hair down, which is why I normally like a strong hold gel.

Just got this in and looking forward to seeing how it works. Anybody out there have experience with it? First and foremost the tin looks awesome!
$Product-SchmierePomade.jpg

Yes great Tabac scent and decent hold. I prefer pomades for a longer and better hold but many B and B members use the Tabac. Pm me if you want to try it out I have a tube that I don't use. Thanks Jeff
Hey Qhead. Tried the Tabac this morning. Great stuff. Has more hold than the tonics with the great scent. Thank you very much for the PIF!!!

Imperial Gel Pomade. It's great. Comes in a tub that you can just scoop out with your hand. It's a little pricey, but it lasts forever. It comes in the clutch when you need to do something quick. I still prefer using pomade by Imperial, but I have to spend a little more time when styling it.

Imperial Gel Pomade. It's great. Comes in a tub that you can just scoop out with your hand. It's a little pricey, but it lasts forever. It comes in the clutch when you need to do something quick. I still prefer using pomade by Imperial, but I have to spend a little more time when styling it.

Imperial Gel (its not a pomade) is the best I have found, it does last a while and needs to be used on the right dryness but provides a great matte hold if blow dried.

Layrite Pomade is also good for a shinier look, its water based so not a 'real' pomade.

For best shine I go for Sweet Georgia Brown Red.

If i want a good hold i go for a heavier pomade as a base and coat it with a dab of SGB-red for that extra shine.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
No. I rate the hold as light. Even though it has some petroleum in it I would compare it to Tabac Hair Cream in terms of hold.

I'm not interested in light holds actually, but I may consider getting one as a display piece just for the beautiful vintage-looking tin! Also, the square shape is quite rare among pomades.

Top Bottom