What's new

Anyone Use Dr. Bronner's Bar Soap?

My bar of QCS Briar is quickly running out and my Stirling soaps probably won't arrive for at least a week :scared:, so I was thinking of stopping at Whole Foods on the way home and grabbing a bar of Dr. Bronner's. Anyone ever use Dr. B's bar soap? Any thoughts on whether it's any better than the Whole Foods store brand body soap? I work in an office all day, but I somewhow still manage to produce quite a funk , so I need something with good strong cleaning abilities and a nice scent. Thanks!

I had a bar of their Castile soap as well. I can't say I remember anything extraordinary about it. I can say it wasn't awful though. I find their liquid Castile soaps to be quite useful, however, as a solid all around body & hair soap/household cleaning product.

Last edited:
I'm using the Citrus bar soap now. Scent is very light and there's no residue. Lathers very well. I will be trying other offerings. Peppermint is popular, but haven't got the nerve to try it yet.

I have tried the Peppermint and the Lavender and liked them both, right now I working thru some bars I picked up at TJ Maxx.

Yep, peppermint and almond. I prefer the liquid, for all kinds of bathing, cleaning, laundry/dish soap while camping.... It's what I used to shave with back in the days of carts.

I have used both their peppermint and almond scented bars. The cleaning capability and the scent was very good, but I never purchased more because they were very drying. The Whole Foods-brand soap is pretty good for the price and I would much rather use those than the DrB bar soaps.

I use the peppermint on the body and like it, as for the face it will certainly dry you out. The liquid soaps are pretty good as well, I would give it a try.

Hope peppermint isn't like the menthol soaps I've tried. Let's just say didn't care for the tingle in they lower hemisphere.

Hope peppermint isn't like the menthol soaps I've tried. Let's just say didn't care for the tingle in they lower hemisphere.

Love the tingle. Using the peppermint (liquid) for the very first time. Have to say I love it. A little goes a long way. And that tingle is an eye opener, in a good way.

The liquid Dr. Bronners is horrible on me. The tingle turns to a burn then my skin dries out and I get "ashy". It must react poorly with my skin or sweat or something. I've tried using it several times over the years with the same result.

I took a bar camping once because it was supposed to do everything. It did a decent job, I didn't like the lather but it got the job done. However it didn't work too well as toothpaste, it felt like I was a kid getting my mouth washed out with soap again. I don't know what I expected but from now on I pack a bar of Dr Bronners bar soap and a travel size tube of toothpaste, and a travel size can of barbasol I'll carry the extra 3 1/2 oz.

Last edited:
I have never used their bar soap but their regular castile liquid soap is great, I use it exclusively for hand washing but there are many uses for this soap including for your hair, body and even cleaning your house. The form I buy you also have to dilute it for hand washing. I would say they are known for their liquid soap not their bar soap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom