What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, September 2014 - Slants

Wow, Gents, thanks for all the slant eye candy!!!

I didn't realize there were so many different slants made over the years!

Q - thanks for the translation - I had no idea until now that I can try loosening up the handle a bit! Hat tip to you!

I translated the instructions:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I am German, if I made any mistakes in my translation, please tell me.

Thanks for doing this translation (and for putting it on the original German insert- it looks great). My Fasan is already quite aggressive so I don't plan on trying the handle loosening maneuver!
Quaternion, do you have a Fasan? If so, what do you think of it?

Ikon DLC Slant / GSB
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410880559.040369.jpg

Very smooth comfortable 2 pass shave. Loud singing feedback.

The DLC coating does not hold up well, as you can see on the cap head shot - along the far side of the cap it's come off on the edge. I baby the razor, it's been used less than 10 times.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410880576.373949.jpg

Last edited:
What's the maroon bakelite-looking one in the lower right? Angle on that one looks pretty aggressive.
gwsmallwood,
Were you meaning one of these?? The maroon one, no-name but in the Walbusch-style is one of the mildest razors i own.. The black no-name one is a beast!!! It'll rip your face off if you let yor guard down, BUT, It's the one I own that I believe if you had your technique right you could get a one pass BBS with it..
$slants 002.JPG

Here's one from Italy..I love the box, it was hand stitched, to hold it together...... Totally unseen in this now throw away society!! Amazing!!

$slants 004.JPG

Last edited:
Yep. I was looking at the one on the left. I'm still trying to master the 3 razors I have, but you guys are really working up my RAD.

gwsmallwood,
Were you meaning one of these?? The maroon one, no-name but in the Walbusch-style is one of the mildest razors i own.. The black no-name one is a beast!!! It'll rip your face off if you let yor guard down, BUT, It's the one I own that I believe if you had your technique right you could get a one pass BBS with it..
View attachment 497000

I always enjoy dragging this vintage Merkur out. If you can imagine a 40s Style Super Speed slant, then you can imagine how this shaves.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Todays shave:
Merkur 39c
Med Prep
Cyril Salter Rose cream
RV TGN brush
Fine Platinum AS

2 pass shave plus buffing

The angle on this razor is a bit diiferent from my other slants. Haven't used it in a while, so it will take a bit to refind the angle. Meanwhile DFS+ is good enough for today.

Is that a two piece like the 37c? Is it Zamak or plated brass? I'm already thinking about looking for something with a little more lasting power than my 37c.

I always enjoy dragging this vintage Merkur out. If you can imagine a 40s Style Super Speed slant, then you can imagine how this shaves.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea September was Slant month! It's funny I have been using mine for the last few shaves. I have a Merkur Slant. Great post..some beautiful razors. I didn't know there were so many different Slants. Guess my RAD will continue.

Top Bottom