What's new

It's nice to see so much information in one area!

My name is Ed, and I am new to the forum and also wet shaving. I was browsing around looking for specific information on particularly DE shaving, and I found it all right here! What a life saver! Any pointers that I can get from experienced DE shavers to help me not run into the same problems that you ran into when you were a newbie are greatly appreciated, and thank you for the information that I have already had the opportunity to take in.:thumbup:

Welcome, Ed! I'm pretty new to DE wetshaving myself, and have learned a ton here. One thing I found helpful was to change as few variables as possible so you can learn your technique, and experiment with only one variable at a time. I.e., when testing blades, use the same razor, soap, and brush. When testing soaps, use the same brush, razor, and blade. This will really help you compare apples to apples and find what suits you best. Sure, it takes longer to try everything, but that's half the fun of this crazy journey! [emoji1]

Welcome good sir! There is a lot of great information here and a lot of great people to help. So relax and have some fun and enjoy the ride!

Welcome to B&B, Ed! Probably the biggest thing is just how little pressure you need with a DE razor. The more you can lighten it up, they better you'll be.

Welcome! The best advice I got when I started was to over-prep, and make sure my hair was soft and my skin was hydrated before I ever touched a razor to my face. This probably saved me from a lot of common issues as my technique was developing. Hopefully you find shaving with your de as enjoyable as we all have

Hello and welcome to B&B, Ed. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome, Ed! I'm pretty new to DE wetshaving myself, and have learned a ton here. One thing I found helpful was to change as few variables as possible so you can learn your technique, and experiment with only one variable at a time. I.e., when testing blades, use the same razor, soap, and brush. When testing soaps, use the same brush, razor, and blade. This will really help you compare apples to apples and find what suits you best. Sure, it takes longer to try everything, but that's half the fun of this crazy journey! [emoji1]
Good advise. ..

My name is Ed, and I am new to the forum and also wet shaving. I was browsing around looking for specific information on particularly DE shaving, and I found it all right here! What a life saver! Any pointers that I can get from experienced DE shavers to help me not run into the same problems that you ran into when you were a newbie are greatly appreciated, and thank you for the information that I have already had the opportunity to take in.:thumbup:

Have you started Traditional wet shaving yet? What is your shave gear?

Top Bottom