What's new

Hello from Idaho

Hello,

I stumbled upon this site quite by chance. I've been cutting up an elk horn for some small projects for a family reunion and was searching Google for more ideas when I saw a picture of a shaving brush that had the handle made from elk antler. I thought that was pretty cool and so I started looking around your site.

With so many different hobbies and interests around the internet, I shouldn't have been surprised to find a group of guys that enjoy shaving brushes. I can remember my first shave - I was 10-12 years old at my Grandpa's house and he lathered up his shaving brush on some soap, applied it to my face and had me use a butter knife to clean off the soap. I thought I was pretty big stuff that day...

I'm not sure if this is the place to admit it, but I'm an electric shaver guy. I have to admit though, seeing this site brings back good memories of my grandfather shaving in the morning and the nostalgia is possibly enough to get me to change back to a razor. I've enjoyed the electric for the shear fact that it's quick and easy, but occasionally I break out a razor to get that truly smooth, clean shave.

I'll go check out the other forum sections and ask a few question. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Darby

Hello and welcome to B&B, Darby. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Glad you stumbled in.

Read around and give DE/wet shaving a try. It does take a little longer than your electrics, but you will find the result infinitely more satisfying and rewarding. Also a great way to connect with your past and all those fond memories of time with your grandfather.

Hello and welcome to the forum,Darby!In the past, I was electric razor guy, but now I only use a brush and DE razor or shavette.

Welcome good sir! Take a look around and ask any questions you may have. There is a lot of great information here and great people as well!

Welcome from Arizona !

Before I retired I often worked long hours and had an electric shaver for quick touch-ups.
No reason you can't use both methods. A lot of forum members use different kinds of razors.
I think you will find, as I did, that a traditional shave is better for your skin.

Top Bottom