What's new

What's your favorite alcoholic drink?

Gin martini for the favorite. Way too many crappy beers to list for the worst. They were so bad, I poured them down the sink.

I have 2 favorites. Kentucky bourbon straight up (I like some better than others but cant say I don't like any of them) and Sam Adams Oktoberfest (it is the perfect beer)

least would be any light beer (if you cant drink real beer then quit your whining and drink water)

I could not possibly pick a favorite. Cocktails revolve around the Martini, Negroni, and Manhattans, all in a multitude of varieties with a random Widow's Kiss thrown in for good measure. So many good spirits, so many great cocktails.

A tour of Scotland. I cannot choose a region; they are all wonderful.

Grappa, amaro, ... God bless the Italians and their many wonderful vermouths. Their wines? Another entire treatise of joy.

Beer? An ever expanding waist-line of choices. Those Belgian Trappist ales? Hoo-boy. Sublime. Wee heavies, old ales, and blessing upon Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. My high school principle blathered on about marijuana being the gateway drug to every imaginable manner of narcotic evil. He had no idea that I had already sampled that wondrous draught from Yorkshire. A road paved in malted barley, it has been.

The Barbadoans know rum.

The French know brandy.

The many monastic cloisters will cure whatever ails you.

There's bad in each lot. But when each is at their best, they are all so, so very good.

Vodka? I have yet to see the point, but I consider that a personal myopia. The Russians have got along, well, as Russians do. There's a local joint called The Hammer and Sickle. Must try. Caviar flights? Okay!

Frontal cortex and liver be damned!

Favorite: Knob Creek or Makers Mark with a splash of branch water.
Summer favorite: Boodles gin and tonic.
Winter favorite: The Kraken, neet.

Last edited:
Favorite - Mai Tai (not the cheater version with pineapple juice. The real kind with dark rum, rhum agricole, lime juice, orgeat syrup, curacao and mint to garnish)
Least - some crazy sweet white chenin blanc someone recently served me.

Favorite : Nice aged Islay. More than 12 years, less than 20. (Bowmore Darkest is a good choice.)
Least: American Lagers from pretty much any of the large-scale breweries. (Bud, Miller, Coors.)

Talisker. Been rationing the $40 cruise bottle.

Worst? I'm with the SoCo crowd. Don't know how I drank a pint on a Boston to South Bend train back in the day.

Golden Cadillac

Galliano, white crème de cacao, and heavy cream (equal parts), shaken with ice and strained into a large martini glass.

proxy.php

Top Bottom