What's new

It Was Only a Matter of Time

That's the same way I have the tension on my belt. Mounted the motor to a piece of ply wood and hinged it to the table. Tip it forward a bit for easy step pulley adjustments. I need to get a better belt for mine or take mine off when it's not in use, belt seems to have stretched when sitting for while.
My motor weighs a ton so I can't use it's full weight. A simple wedge relieves some of it and I just push it in further when not in use to remove all tension.
i even bought a back up bearing block for my machine. Initially I was getting a regular "thunk thunk" sound at the same spot when rotating the shaft. I thought it was a bad bearing. New,,,, but it could happen. Took the shaft assembly apart, removed the bearing from the race and reseated it. Rotated both bearing blocks 90degrees so the grease fittings were straight out the back instead of pointing down where I couldn't access them there????. Bolted it back together and the thunking was gone and runs perfectly quiet. So I'm keeping the extra bearing block as a backup just in case.
But the weight of my motor is just too much. It was the opposite bearing that was the culprit but even so.

Which ones? The O'Brian books or the Dark Tower series.

The Dark Tower. Those books blew my mind.

My motor weighs a ton so I can't use it's full weight. A simple wedge relieves some of it and I just push it in further when not in use to remove all tension.
i even bought a back up bearing block for my machine. Initially I was getting a regular "thunk thunk" sound at the same spot when rotating the shaft. I thought it was a bad bearing. New,,,, but it could happen. Took the shaft assembly apart, removed the bearing from the race and reseated it. Rotated both bearing blocks 90degrees so the grease fittings were straight out the back instead of pointing down where I couldn't access them there????. Bolted it back together and the thunking was gone and runs perfectly quiet. So I'm keeping the extra bearing block as a backup just in case.
But the weight of my motor is just too much. It was the opposite bearing that was the culprit but even so.

I might need to do that. Mines a heavy mover too. 1.5hp Dayton

Top Bottom