What's new

What's your favorite Cooking Show?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
+1 anything with Anthony Bourdain, granted his shows aren't technically cooking shows but they are entertaining. I also really liked the one that used to be on PBS with the Cajun guy, I think his name was Justin Wilson. He was entertaining and the southern/Cajun recipes that he made were not fancy but always looked awesome. And everything had wine it, along with a glass for the cook.

Oh man how did I forget about Justin Wilson? Classic.

$753996e5e848e04d37065ee26d38f1bdcc051edaf530124aea778be232389318.jpg

I loved watching Justin Wilson when I was younger. I think Alton brown's good eats has done more for explaining how and why something works, than anything that's ever been produced, video wise. I really like Giada's show. I'm part Italian, so I relate easily to the food, and she's not hard on the eyes either :). Anthony Bourdain's show is more travel humor than cooking show, but I enjoy that as well.

+2 Rick Bayless has a great show. His mannerisms and they way he talks sort of creeps me out though.

He does come off as too nice and "too sincere" in his show.

Funny thing though ... I've eaten at his restaurants in Chicago a few times, and each time I've seen him there he looks very stern and focused, no smiling at all.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I enjoy most shows on the Food Channel. Rick Stein comes to mind. His trip to Spain was a very good show.

Then there are shows like Cheese Slices, Will Studd covers many Countries and their cheeses. Now I am not going to make my own cheese but I appreciate eating it more knowing how it is made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtvVZSWJnKc

Good Eats was the best cooking show that ever existed. Hands down. I also loved Mario Batali's old show "Molto Mario".

Great post! I used to watch a lot of shows on the Food Network, but hate the fact that 80% (or more) of their programming is now reality / contest shows. I have already jotted down a few names from this post that I will have to google...
Every now and then the food networs still has a real cooking show with Bobby Flay or Lidia Bastianich, etc. that I will PVR and watch and later, I will write down some recipes.
One I really loved to watch was Two Greedy Italians! If you have not seen their show, it is a blast to watch as they are quite funny, and they have some really great recipies!
$two-greedy-italians.jpg

I very much enjoy Good Eats. The DVR is setup to automatically record any upcoming episodes. I also enjoy any Anthony Bourdain-led show -- I agree that they are not true cooking shows but they at least revolve around food. An honorable mention does go to Nigella Lawson. Interestingly, the SWMBO enjoys her shows so I get to "tag-a-long" and watch as well.

If I really want to learn how to cook, I watch Simply Ming. Tsai takes simple ingredients, quick and easy preparation, and produces elegant results. That's what I try and do in my own kitchen, but it never turns out as well as on TV.

If I want to learn more about food than I ever need to know ... Alton Brown's Good Eats.

If I just want to be entertained for a half-hour, I'll watch Rachael Ray. I love to watch her antics in the kitchen, I get a kick out of the way she never measures anything and just throws it all together, and all her little anecdotes give the show a nice homey touch. But at the end of the show, I can't even tell you what she was making, let alone how it was prepared. I think her best series was "$40 a Day" but that was more about travel than it was about cooking.

If I want to see an egotistical, overbearing, self-absorbed, pompous A-hole in action ... Emeril.

Bobby flays bbq addiction, chef at home (Michael Smith is my favourite chef of all, I've been watching his shows since I was a teen and his first show was called The Inn Chef)

I also like Mario Battalis Molto Mario and wish it was still on.

Cheers

M.

Top Bottom