What's new

Have I lost it completely?

So I worked last night and hadn't shaven since 2pm yesterday. Woke up at 4:30 ish today and lost all control when it comes to wet shaving.

5:00 PM. Whipped up a quick proraso lather, Shaved my head and face quickly with my jack black razor (mild shaver), topped it off with pre post cream.

5:45 PM. Walked around the house for a few hours and realized I was extremely unhappy with the shave.

7:45 PM. Returned to the den. Lather again. This time with menthol pyrates cove soap works. It was hot out and I needed to cool down. Used my Razorock travel razor (terrific razor by the way). Got a close shave, but still had some whiskers grinding my palm. Topped it off with some witch hazel.

8:15 PM. Pissed off at this point and determined to get a BBS shave. I pulled out my trusty Boker straight razor. Whipped up a quick Lather with proraso green again. Got a closer shave on the right side of my face, then proceeded to jump at my dog barking, slicing my neck. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

I quickly finish up, angrily and hastily, and then it was time to get the kids ready for bed and to relax

10:00 PM. I have determined that if I am going to get the rest if the whiskers off today, massive prep is in order. Proraso Pre goes on and I let it sit.

10:15. PM. Face lather with razorock xx, and I let it sit to soak into my hair.

10:30 PM. Naturally I turn to the internet to help with my dilemma. This day can't end without properly shaving.

11:25 PM. I stumble across shimming your razor. I figure, what the hell. Worth a shot. I put a shim in my jack black (mild razor, figured safest bet was to shim this one).

I decide to not lather, instead use razorock aftershave balm as my lubricant and cushion. Zi pepino to be exact.

I stretch the hell out of my skin and short quick strokes against the grain.

It's hard for me to tell if I got it all until I wash my face off.

11:45 PM. I finish up and feel my face.

BBS was achieved.

I'm disappointed that it took me over six hours to square myself away. But I'm excited I figured this shimming thing out and was able to use it to help my OCD. Wife noticed the close shave as well.

NOTE: Poor shave wasn't due to any of the products I used. I've used all of these consistently with great results. I'm probably tired, angry, and too impatient to do it right the first time today. Technique was probably in poor form as well.

HAVE YOU experienced a hellish day like this!? Sorry for the long post, I thought I was going to lose my mind!!

Two careful passes and touch-up. I know my limits, and they know me. Careful prep, every single time. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

And I had the best shave of my life tonight...

I am not that worried about shaving honestly. I don't need to be clean shaven for work and do it just for my self. So I do my 2 passes, touch up any major patches and leave the rest for another day.

Some days are better than others. Just let it go for the day and you will have another chance tomorrow: with rested skin.

I would look like a jack the ripper victim if i did all that in 6 hours.

Top Bottom