What's new

Tobacquisitions for September 2014

Hello my fellow Brothers of the Leaf

Let's see what goodies you have acquired for the month of September. I know I'm waiting for my special Tobacquisition from a man named Mark :thumbup:

In the meantime, after seeing @Blue_2 post a YT video about this in the Zippo thread by @TheVez2 , I researched it online and picked one up

$img59879340.jpg

So far it's been working very well. What's nice is that you can tighten the screw when it's not in use and I feel it helps conserve oil by limiting the amount of evaporation.

So let's see what you've got :001_smile

I actually ordered it on Amazon.jp and got it for free shipping.

I would check to see if they have it on the American website. If not that seems to be the going rate for them.

In the meantime, after seeing @Blue_2 post a YT video about this in the Zippo thread by @TheVez2 , I researched it online and picked one up

So far it's been working very well. What's nice is that you can tighten the screw when it's not in use and I feel it helps conserve oil by limiting the amount of evaporation.
Nice! Someone that I know who actually owns one!

Senshi, were you able to buy it locally (to you)?
Do you think that this would be the best source for those of us in the U.S.? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kituengu/item/10006701/
Unfortunately when I did an "Add to Cart", I got a popup that said they won't ship to the US for some reason. :bored:

eBay has them for $43 shipped ConUS. I'd grab one for $20, but I can buy another Zippo and lot of fluid for $43.

Hello my fellow Brothers of the Leaf

Let's see what goodies you have acquired for the month of September. I know I'm waiting for my special Tobacquisition from a man named Mark :thumbup:

View attachment 490805

So let's see what you've got :001_smile
That's interesting, after some extended use please let us know how it performs and how much it increases time between refills.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
That's interesting, after some extended use please let us know how it performs and how much it increases time between refills.

+1 And if anyone knows of a work around for getting one of these in the US at a decent price, please let us know!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Finally received my free jet lighter from Parliament, and my Stanwell Brushed Black Bulldog came in from P&C.

$IMAG1629.jpg

Some more 4noggins tobacco, a few from Pipes&Cigars, and a Killshot .45ACP tamper.

Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard, Nutty Professor, Lord Methleys:
proxy.php

Weybridge, Harvest Moon:
proxy.php

Balkan Supreme, Larry's Blend, Snowdrift:
proxy.php

proxy.php

I royally screwed up. I had a baggy with some Griffins and a lighter to take to an outdoor beer festival involving all of the Delaware micro breweries. Needless to say, I forgot it. Now I'm sitting, drinking a beer, looking out at the beautiful Delaware bay, and I have nothing to smoke.

D'oh... This was supposed to go in the general bl thread.

Last edited:
Well, I went to McCranie's and went a little McClelland crazy.

$100_3316 (800x600).jpg

I initially went there trying to get a couple of tins of McCranie's Red Ribbon, which is magical stuff. As luck would have it, they were out. Bummer. But, I did find some ready aged tins!

The Beacon is from 2009 and I just had to have a bowlful on the way home (I live an hour and 45 minutes away). The Tudor Castle is from 2014 which went directly into the cellar. As did the Christmas Cheer 2014. The Samovar and Legends are from 2012. They too went in the cellar, at least for the time being. I need to empty some mason jars first. What a great problem to have, huh?

Just bought a Tinsky Coral Liverpool off of Smoking Pipes. I've always wanted a Canadian-shaped pipe, but could never purchase one that called out to me. This one did.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom