What's new

Best Cartridge Razor?

I was very surprised to see that the Gillette Sensor Excel handle(!) is still sold at Amsterdam airport.
For €9 but I think you can easily recuperate that with the less expensive cartridges.

The Mach 3 is what led me to DE. Hated it. Tried the sensor, both the 2 and 3 bladed carts. Not a fan.

I do really like the Trac II or the Atra, however. Those carts work out to 15-30 cents a piece for me. Lots of variety on ebay especially in Trac II handles. If you have the Bump Fighter brand locally, the Bump Fighter handle fits the Trac II carts nicely. If I take a cart on travel, the Bump Fighter handle is usually what I take.

I was very surprised to see that the Gillette Sensor Excel handle(!) is still sold at Amsterdam airport.
For €9 but I think you can easily recuperate that with the less expensive cartridges.

I bought one from a CVS pharmacy here for $11 within the past two weeks to be sure I have one for a gift, if needed. My oldest kid complained of some ingrown hairs getting infected. He has always used disposables, no matter what I've counselled with him about since he started shaving (he takes after his mother, not me. He didn't shave on an infrequent basis until well past 17 years old, and while my beard had darkened and thickened to almost the full extent that it would reach by 18 years old, his was still pale gold fuzz, although sometimes long fuzz, even at 18).

I'll be looking for a Schick J-2, I think, as a classic razor if he is on the edge of actually listening!

What I like about the Dorco twin blades (at least the ones I get form Dollar General), is that they will fit both the Trac II and the Atra razors. One cart that can be used in a fixed or pivoting razor. Plus they are cheap and shave really well! (Better than Dorco DE, that's for sure)

What I like about the Dorco twin blades (at least the ones I get form Dollar General), is that they will fit both the Trac II and the Atra razors. One cart that can be used in a fixed or pivoting razor. Plus they are cheap and shave really well! (Better than Dorco DE, that's for sure)
The ones at Dollar General are the ones that Dollar Shave Club sells.

Top Bottom