What's new

I Can't Wait to Shave with my W&B Fine India Steel Near Wedge

It is honed, scales are made, but enamel needs to dry overnight, so tomorrow will be the big day,

$photo.jpg

Nice scales - are you sure that edge is finished?
At a glance - and I'll admit it's hard to say by looking at that pic - but it seems like the edge isn't quite 'there' yet.
Could be the pic though.

Nice scales - are you sure that edge is finished?
At a glance - and I'll admit it's hard to say by looking at that pic - but it seems like the edge isn't quite 'there' yet.
Could be the pic though.

I was able to prepare the edge where the HHT worked on both ends of the edge and all along in between. Since it appears to be sharp I will shave with it to see how it goes, also with my inexperience I am not sure what to do beyond what I have done. I am being cautious to not do more damage than good. I will let you know how it shaves, thanks for all your help,

I've one of these.. They're lovely shavers.

Report back lack with how you go!

I just finished with my morning shave, and I loved the weight and the quiet. It was strange not to hear the razor shave across my face. It was a nice shave, I think my technique could improve a bit and it will even be better. It was definitely an experience using such a solid blade.

Hard to tell in pix - if it shaves well, that's all that matters; looks, etc... whatevah....
Congrats - I do like the look of that razor, love the gutsy no holds barred honing approach and the subsequent spine wear and stuff.
I think it's awesome and the scales are wicked. Very cool.

There is something very unusual about the looks, very compelling too. I cannot tell what it is exactly, but it sure is pretty! Nice job :)

I've gone almost entirely over to wedges for the same reason—smooth, (relatively)silent, don't tend to stall, get through my tough beard. That one looks great—hope you continue to enjoy it.

Top Bottom