What's new

Edison 2014 LE - thoughts on a Glenmont?

Deadline for a decision is this Friday (9/5) and I keep going back and forth on this thing. Curious as to any comments about the Glenmont in general. I thought eventually I would get a production line Collier as my Edison representative in my collection, but if I spring for the Glenmont, I don't see myself getting the Collier.

My use for this pen would be pretty much for journal entries and writing at home as I have several pens I already take to work. I had in mind picking up a Platinum Chartres Blue with cursive italic nib for this purpose over the holidays (due to the slip & seal cap and the pen wouldn't get daily use). But at the DC pen show the Edison's looked very good in person and Brian seems very happy with the materials he's offering on this year's LE.

Thanks for your thoughts. I just can't seem to stop myself from thinking about & researching my next pen purchase - I guess I don't really have to add the comment that I don't really "need" another pen!

The Collier is a beautiful pen. I enjoy mine- I could stare at the Persimmon Swirl for hours. Hard to go wrong with any of Brian's pens.

The Platinum 3776 Century is a great value IMHO. I have one in black with a double broad, it is a great writing pen.

Nobody needs another pen, save for James. Wanting another though....

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I love the look of the Pearlized Wine acrylic, but there's no way I can dish out that much for a pen. I got dirty looks and more from SWMBO just for meeting syngent at Timmies to peek at his pens and pick up the 2 bottles of Akkerman's he got for me.

I love the looks of the Ebonite Brian is using for the LE! If I did not have a Glenmont, I would have jumped on it. The Glenmont is a very comfortable pen to use and the quality of Brian's pens are fantastic. If you could swing the cash, I doubt you will be disappointed.

I really want to see a clear pen with the cool swirls you see in the acrylics.
I've seen something like it, but it was $500.

You can't go wrong with any Edison LE though.

$pearl2.jpg

You mean like this

The one I saw was a Visconti I think.

I may have to contact Mr. Grey about one of these pens, if there isn't a limited edition pen coming out shortly that I really dig.

Well? Have you decided which way you're going on the LE? I'm curious...

Not yet. One day its the acrylic, the next its the ebonite. This is where it would be great to be able to see them in person. Although I wouldn't call the acrylic "flashy" I could see myself feeling a little more comfortable using the ebonite model at work.

Must have been reading too many posts on B&B over the years, because today I had the crazy idea of buying both, then putting one of the two up for sale on BST. This place is dangerous!

To make certain, by Friday you mean by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Friday, correct? I might need every minute of that to make up my mind!

Correct. On Friday night, 11:59 EST, I'll close down the buying period. Saturday morning will be too late.

Just put my order in for the Glenmont ebonite with 1.1mm steel nib!

I posted a question to Brian on the Edison site about the gloss on the ebonite & its durability. His reply was ".......we stand behind our pens 100%. If the pen ever needs buffed, we'll always take care of you". That pretty much clinched it for me!

Let the waiting commence.................

Top Bottom