What's new

Proraso Green Splash

Same bottle different smell. This is the second bottle of Proraso Splash that I've bought. I bought from different vendors on Amazon because the first bottle, the one I just finished, was about $6 more. But this bottle doesn't smell the same. Maybe it's just me. I know there was a reformulation and maybe each vendor is selling a different recipe? Did I just get a old batch that lost some of its scent? Is it too much to ask for a little continuity in this life?

I like the version I have and I bought it only about 3 months ago so it must be the new stuff. The scent doesn't last very long but I've learned to expect that from almost any aftershave. I like to match products and I like to follow a shave with the Proraso green soap or cream.

The different formulation that I used this morning (I believe it is the new) is different but it seems to work just as fine as the old one. I can notice a change in the scent but not enough to force me onto another AS. The viscosity is different also. On the old formula, you could see the ingredients in the liquid when I poured it into my hand, like boat gas/oil in water. I can't see that effect in the new formula. My skin seems to absorb it faster also.

I recently bought my first bottle of this, I like it but the smell fades too quickly. I was thinking about adding some eucalyptus essential oil to it, to possibly make it stronger. Does that sound like a bad idea?

I have a bottle of the green I bought a few months ago. I was really disappointed by it. I find the scent very light and it doesn't last at all. But it does perform well with regards to soothing my skin after a shave.

It's my first time using prorasso splash so I can't compare new vs. old formulations but I won't be buying it again. Its a shame too... I really like the other prorasso products.

imcndn

I used the new formula again today, and I think I'm sold on it. My beard is pretty tough, but my face is also kind of sensitive. This leaves me with having to use Feather blades, or something similar, and then trying not to get any burn or irritation. The new formula tends to be more effective at soothing my face than the older formula. I wanted to see how it would perform on a "rough" day, so I used a day old Feather (I usually get two shaves out of the blade) and la Toja cream (good cushion and moisturizing but not the slickest); and the Splash performed well. I miss the stronger smell of the older formula, but I can live without it or just use a little more.

I noticed the same thing with less scent in the newer formula but the performance is just as good. I actually like that the scent fades so quickly as I use it whenever I'm going to add cologne. It's nice to get such great performance and not have to worry about scents clashing.

I've got half a bottle left that I bought back in March and it's been a fav in the heat. Hope it's the new since I really like it. I find that I'm a big fan of the menthol

I like the cooling sensation also. I used a good bit this morning, almost twice as much as I normally would. The scent still fades to barely perceptible, but the efficacy is too great to ignore. I could be guessing, but I wonder if the reformulation isn't as strong scent-wise because so many young men don't feel comfortable wearing a scent these days.

I use it every morning. Proraso after shave splash is my go to AS. The scent might be gone in an hour or two but for me nothing quite rejuvenates my face after a 3 pass shave like this stuff. The old formulation had a stronger scent but it use to dry out and cause me to break out quite often. The new stuff is superb. In fact for the moment, I have removed all of my Myrsol AS in favor of Proraso.

I agree, Z man. I miss the scent of the old but will keep using the new formula everyday. Now, I'm trying to find a cologne that might pair well with it.

I have only used what I assume is the new formulation (bought two months ago from WCS), and I love the scent and the effect on my skin. I do wish the very nice fragrance lasted longer.

Thanks, Z man. I may have to get involved in the trading market here for colognes. Hopefully there is one. So many local dept. stores don't carry these kinds of fragrances, and sales people don't want to take the time (or know how) to help pick out a sample. Eau Savage sounds like it's worth dropping a few bucks to find out. I have been wearing Polo, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

Top Bottom