What's new

OCtober 2014

New Improved Bostonian / Gillette 7OC Black (3)
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414678949.308167.jpg

OCtober 30 - Shave 30
The new improved has just became one of my favourite razors. Inky two shaves with a so so blade and the shave is smooth and close. A true BBS and AGAIG. Yesterday I had barely any stubble 16 hours after the shave. It does not look like I will get another new razor before tomorrow so I will use one of my others for the last day.
New Improved / Persona dept store (3)
Vintage Yardley
Vie Long horse hair
Lavender Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Classic Sport

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414679021181.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414679021181.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 63
10/30/14 - Shave number 22, Head and Face (actually the first time my chin has ever felt a DE. I'll edit with a pic from my phone later).

I decided to change the circle beard to a stache / soulpatch combo for Halloween. Our church small group is doing a western-themed murder mystery dinner tonight, so this is my old west gambler attempt.

Hot shower, Cold Rinse
Cold River Soap Works Original Nouvelle Fougere
Omega 10066 Boar
Bar Handle NEW LC / Voskhod (2)
Witch Hazel, Clubman Talc

3-Pass DFS - WTG, XTG, GTX

View attachment 513341

Last edited:
October 30 Shave 30 - 1927 NEW Improved, 1 more day to go!!!

This has been a great thread to see all the OC goodness. I think the majority of the vintage as well as the modern razors have been represented.

Last OCtober shave, and maybe the best:
Big Boy Deluxe
Definitely my favorite razor for looks
Need some more time to get to know the shave, but def. in the top 2 this month (my 7 o'clock was the other).
This razor is in absolute perfect condition. Still has the reddish lacquer.

$IMG_20141028_205421_929.jpg
$IMG_20141028_205406_079.jpg

Vs a Norfolk

$IMG_20141028_205521_159.jpg

This is definitely the prize razor in my collection.

Last OCtober shave, and maybe the best:
Big Boy Deluxe
Definitely my favorite razor for looks
Need some more time to get to know the shave, but def. in the top 2 this month (my 7 o'clock was the other).
This razor is in absolute perfect condition. Still has the reddish lacquer.

Vs a Norfolk

View attachment 513353

This is definitely the prize razor in my collection.

Very nice Big Boy, Matt. :thumbsup:

My absolute favorite razor, hands down ... it's definitely the King of all OC razors IMHO.
That picture next to the Norfolk shows how massive it is, I took a similar picture when I got mine:

$CAM01370.jpg

Today' shave:

ATT R2 Atlas (with lighter handle) w/Astra SP blade (2)
Rudy Vey Shavemac D01 Flat Top brush
RazoRock Lime Pre Shave Oil
RazoRock XXX Soap
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
RazoRock Baby Blue Aftershave

The lighter handle seems to have made the difference in my ATT R2. The shave on the second consecutive day went great. In a way it's too bad, because I think the Atlas handle is really nice, but it makes the razor unwieldy for me. I think I'll still get an M2 base plate next year some time.

10/30 sotd:

Old Type w/ATT Atlas
GSB
MWF
B&B Essential boar
Clubman

Switched things up and used the Atlas rather than the Weber handle to see what the difference was.There was no difference in the shave and I wasn't really expecting one since the handles are very similar. I do like the feel of the Atlas over the Weber but not by much.
I may have to skip the final OCtober shave as I'm heading out this afternoon to chase caribou and will be gone at least overnight. It's been fun using only the OCs this month and good job to all who made it!

Due to the success of this thread, maybe we should have a NEWvember? All NEWs and variants (7 o'clock/Probak/Minora/Rotbart/etc) allowed...heck, maybe even New Improveds. Yay/Nay?

Due to the success of this thread, maybe we should have a NEWvember? All NEWs and variants (7 o'clock/Probak/Minora/Rotbart/etc) allowed...heck, maybe even New Improveds. Yay/Nay?

I've got a lot of experiment to do with the R41 and the Spitfire cap. I'll be using it exclusively for the next couple of weeks at least.

Top Bottom