What's new

Aussie Strops?

Hi Guys,

I'm a beginner in the straight razor world and looking to buy my first strop. Any recommendations on where to purchase a good strop in Australia?

I have tried a few different strops owned by friends and family and I definitely like a light draw. I want to buy something decent so I am going to spend plenty of time looking around but I thought this would be a good place to start.

Please share your wisdom!

Legion

Staff member
I would start with something inexpensive, as most of us messed up our first strops. Save buying the good one until you have some miles under your belt.

I would start with something inexpensive, as most of us messed up our first strops. Save buying the good one until you have some miles under your belt.
I'm Way ahead of ya! I have an old home made strop that was given to me that I have been using, it actually works quite well but yeah I did give it a few little touch ups with my razor over the first month :tongue_sm

Then save your money on interim purchases and just get the Kanayama. You can get a 1000 replacement strop which is Horse Cordovan just like the more expensive ones, just thinner. Google Kanayama replacement.

Last edited:
Then save your money on interim purchases and just get the Kanayama. You can get a 1000 replacement strop which is Horse Cordovan just like the more expensive ones, just thinner. Google Kanayama replacement.
I was hoping to find something in Australia but I will check it out, thanks.

Top Bottom