What's new

Bloody ink?

I'm hoping you guys can recommend me a nice ink

The color I'm looking for is a red-black, more black than red, that looks like, well, clotted blood.

You know, that blackish slasher movie red.

So far I've found these inks but I was hoping for some other suggestions.

Diamine Oxblood. Looks nice and dark but it seems to have a bit op purple in it.
Of course it might just be my monitor that's messing with me ;-)

Noodler's Red-Black. I'm thinking this one is closest to what I want but it seems to more like dried blood when dry.
Still cool but I was looking for something "fresher"

Again, it could just be my monitor because this smear does in fact look quite ghoulish

Noodler's Red Black - pic from inkdependence.com
$RedBlack4.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The Swab Shop!

Why did I not see that while cruising Goulet's website?!

It look like Antietam might be a bit too red compared to what I'm looking for.

I've just ordered a Red Black.

I hope it's as ghoulish at it seems to be :)

The first ink I was going to recommend was Diamine Oxblood. I never noticed the purple in it. Think I am going to put it in a pen today.

Diamine Oxblood is the exact color that you get on a piece of butcher's paper that formerly held a nice, thick, juicy T-bone steak! :w00t:

Nikita is RED! but it is just cut myself, no coagulation red. I wiped a nib off with my finger trying to get a dry pen going and thought I caught something and gashed my finger...

I like Oxblood. I'd own a bottle if I didn't already have old BSIAR and Nikita.

It seems there's a lot of love for the Diamine Oxblood.

Ok, now it really is on the list.

Double underlined ;-)

The thing I like about Noodler's Red Black is it's shading properties that kinda gives it the look of clotted blood.

Do the other inks that were mentioned do the same i.e. Oxblood, Tiananmen, Nikita and Hitchcock?

The Hitchcock looks nice but I'm having a hard time finding a site that sells it.
I got mine at a Montblanc store in Andhra Pradesh.

It seems there's a lot of love for the Diamine Oxblood.

Ok, now it really is on the list.

Double underlined ;-)

The thing I like about Noodler's Red Black is it's shading properties that kinda gives it the look of clotted blood.

Do the other inks that were mentioned do the same i.e. Oxblood, Tiananmen, Nikita and Hitchcock?
I have not tried the other inks you have mentioned but I've taken some pictures(not very good though:blush:) of the Alfred Hitchcock ink. Hope these help:001_smile!
$MB1.jpg$MB2.jpg
$MB3.jpg$MB4.jpg

That does look bloody :)

I just found out that it's a limited edition ink.

That explains why I'm not able to find it anywhere :-(

I didn't know that, sorry:sad:. Looks like Diamine Oxblood has got the most votes, so maybe start with that?:001_smile
I've just ordered Noodler's Red Black but I believe this seems like a good time for my GF to gift me something.

The couple that inks together, stays together ;-)

I think I'll give Noodler's a go first and then take a round of Oxblood just for the fun of it :)

I've just ordered Noodler's Red Black but I believe this seems like a good time for my GF to gift me something.

The couple that inks together, stays together ;-)

I think I'll give Noodler's a go first and then take a round of Oxblood just for the fun of it :)
It's always a good time for gifts and that's a nice line.:)
Hope you enjoy the Noodler's (I have a bottle of their American eel bulletproof black- Good stuff).

Top Bottom