What's new

SOTD "Black and White" Theme Week 1-7 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWF - 24mm Olivewood Silvertip - Henkotsu Kamisori - Floid Blue

proxy.php

Some back/leg pain has made the last few weeks pretty crap for me. I could only manage to sit for 5-10 minutes before shooting pains down my legs got too much and I had to lie down (standing wasn't great either). Shaving has gone from using straights to using my DE for a quick shave. Over the last two weeks I've used a Feather blade for 10 shaves. Apart from the first shave they were great (blade felt uncomfortable for the first use).

I await results of an MRI to see if it's a prolapsed disc but I've been pain free for the last 2 or 3 days so I reckon I'm on the mend. It was great to use a straight again
:thumbup:

MWF - 24mm Olivewood Silvertip - Henkotsu Kamisori - Floid Blue

http://i.imgur.com/b3NFLEg.jpg

Some back/leg pain has made the last few weeks pretty crap for me. I could only manage to sit for 5-10 minutes before shooting pains down my legs got too much and I had to lie down (standing wasn't great either). Shaving has gone from using straights to using my DE for a quick shave. Over the last two weeks I've used a Feather blade for 10 shaves. Apart from the first shave they were great (blade felt uncomfortable for the first use).

I await results of an MRI to see if it's a prolapsed disc but I've been pain free for the last 2 or 3 days so I reckon I'm on the mend. It was great to use a straight again
:thumbup:

best wishes for full recovery!

Shave Ready Pre Shave Gel Cool Lime
Kent BK8 Silvertip brush
Proraso Blue shaving cream
Filarmonica 14 Doble Temple JMP 8/8 straight razor
Skin Bracer Cooling Spice aftershave
Shave Ready Save Face moisturizer
Paco Rabbane Million EDT
View attachment 493210

Prep: Shower and Pacific Shaving Pre Shave Oil
Razor: Gem Micromatic
Blade: Pella GEM PTFE coated
Brush: Semogue 2013 Special Edition Silvertip Badger
Soap/cream: Cyril R Salter French Vetiver
AAR: I was only aiming for a comfortable shave, and ended up BBS, because I haven't used the closed comb Micromatic in a long time and underestimated it. it ended up being a wonderfully close shave, but at the cost of a tiny bit of irritation, which the Castle Forbes after shave helped with. The Salter creams are always top performers, and the 2013 Special Edition brush is delightfully soft and full, with amazing backbone for a badger.

SOTD, Sunday evening, September 7th, 2014

Face wash with Neutrogena glycerin soap
D.R. Harris Windsor shave soap in bowl
Simpson Jubilee badger brush
Thiers-Issard 11/16" straight razor, now tamed
Cool washcloth rinse
Windsor aftershave splash

A favorite combo and a nice way to end a nice weekend!

proxy.php

SOTD

Razor: Schick Type G4 "Schick 66"
Blade: Schick blade
Soap: Mike's Rose & Cedarwood
Brush: Omega 10065
A/S: Pinaud VIBR

SOTD, Sunday evening, September 7th, 2014

Face wash with Neutrogena glycerin soap
D.R. Harris Windsor shave soap in bowl
Simpson Jubilee badger brush
Thiers-Issard 11/16" straight razor, now tamed
Cool washcloth rinse
Windsor aftershave splash

A favorite combo and a nice way to end a nice weekend!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/a6/e4/50/a6e4509625d530ceea909b01448e51f4.jpg

Nice way to end a weekend indeed! Love how the Blue jumps right in you're face!

sunday sotd
hot shower
lather massage followed by hot washcloth
superlather w/ dr. bronner's unscented gel and muhle sea buckthorn soap applied w/ burt's bees badger
weishi w/ wilkinson sword
thayer's lavender witch hazel
i decided to make sunday my sotw, so did the extra preshave steps(beyond the normal shower). did 4 passes, ending with atg. except for not knowing how to shave my neck sideways i got bbs(80% - all except a swath on the neck that is quite undulating). really worth the extra effort, and only added a couple extra minutes. happy sunday sotd!

September 07, 2014

Proraso Crema Pre Barba
Musgo Real Glycerine Soap- Lavender
DR Harris Arlington
Chubby 2 Manchurian
Ikon Slant, UFO Goliath XL w/ Astra SP
Fine L'Orange Noir
Simpsons AS Balm

$20140907_140012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom