What's new

Guinness Blonde American Lager?

Hmmm, not sure what to think about this one.

$0804_guinness_lager_970-630x420.jpg

You know Guinness for the darker side of life. Namely the nitro dry irish stout. In recent years, there have been different releases by the Irish brewery, but the most popular is undeniably the stout.
In August, the brewery is launching a new beer that is just a little out of character, Guinness Blonde American Lager. Yes, it’s brewed in the United States, with American hops.

A crisp, refreshing tasting beer with a rich, delicious flavor, brewed in America in the Guinness traditions known only to our master brewers with our famous Guinness yeast, and Mosaic and Willamette American hops.

A little investigation shows this beer being brewed by City Brewing Company, a contract brewery that operates three different locations in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
Guinness Blonde American Lager will be available in 12oz bottles and draft. Official announcement to follow.

Style:
Blonde Lager
Hops: Willamette, Mosaic
Availability: 12oz Bottles, Draft.
Arrival: August, 2014

http://beerstreetjournal.com/guinness-launching-blonde-american-lager-brewed-stateside/

Last edited:
I can't get past the original. It's my favorite easily available beer of all time. I'd probably try it if I had the chance, or I might let Tony be the Guinea pig :)

I can't get past the original. It's my favorite easily available beer of all time. I'd probably try it if I had the chance, or I might let Tony be the Guinea pig :)

I'm with you, I'm a traditionalist I guess. The Classic Stout is a classic and my favorite Guinness product by far. I've tried the Extra Stout and the Black Lager and they are just okay imo (haven't tried the Red Harvest Stout yet).

Harp is decent enough, so maybe I'll pick up a six pack to check it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom