What's new

Blood?

I can't say I never nick myself shaving and draw blood, but I must admit it is fairly infrequent. About once a month. I don't believe I am especially skilled, just curious how often the rest of you draw blood while shaving.

Weepers? With themore aggressive razors they're not uncommon for me. Nicks are unusual, even rare I.e. less than once a month.

Tiny nick, once, in the seven months back at DE shaving; I did use the same type of razor for 20+ years as a yoot. Muscle-memory.

Rarely from a cut. More often from going ATG and getting some irritation or a weeper I think it's called. Upper lip and chin get it the worst. I know I shouldn't make those extra passes but I can't help it. It's an addiction... I have to get those rough spots.

I have a few moles on my face and neck that I have learned to maneuver over and around when I pay attention. The last few cuts I've gotten have been from going too fast and not paying attention to a very small mole on my neck. If I hit it too quickly... ouch.

Depends on the razor. Injectors:Today was the first time in more than six months. FaTip: Took me two weeks to learn to shave without the blood letting! It is still all too easy to have two or three weepers per shave. My favorite DE, the LC New, only requires blood every couple of months and only when preceded by the FaTip the day before. [emoji1]

I had a small nick a couple weeks ago, the first one in several years. I was using a Slant and I'm sure it was my technique, because I was going fast and not paying attention to what I was doing. I didn't need any styptic pencil, I just washed it off and let it heal on its own.

When I first got started with DE razors, nicks and cuts were fairly frequent, but never severe. TBT, I got the worst cuts on my thumbs when I got careless changing the blade in a Futur razor. Those bled like crazy and took weeks to heal.

I suppose technically, I get weepers every now and then(once a month or so). Genuine nicks/gashes/cuts are indeed different and quite rare for this wet shaver. Just to refine my post a bit. Thanks.

Not common at all. Maybe one weeper per month. I can't remember the last time I had a nick that made it past the cold water rinse. Maybe in mid 2013 ...

I actually got a weeper this morning and couldn't remember the last one. I would guess I might get one every couple of months, but I have never cut myself bad enough that I needed anything more than a rinse to stop it.

I never really cut myself. But then I am still new and very attentive. I started with a shavette and that put the fear in me.

It took just one inattentive instant when I started with SRs to slice a 1/2 flap of skin off my cheekbone. Never since that time have I had anything that qualifies as a cut. Weepers, maybe once a month (more often with the FaTip). Nicks only appear when I catch some sort of pre-existing skin imperfection.

I draw blood by shaving over zits and ingrown hairs. They usually heal up with cold water and alum. A few weeks ago, I learned the hard way I had a mole on my neck. I honestly didn't know it was there until I'd sliced through it; that one took a styptic pencil for sure.

I'm only one year into DE shaving, but I get less blood with my 34c than I did with my cart. I just started trying out an OC, though, so the weepers are starting up again. My first OC shave was last night, and I still no wounds that cold water and alum didn't close right up.

So I guess the short answer is that blood is still fairly common for me, but it's almost never anything big. That's one of the surprises for me in DE shaving: who would have thought starting out that the wounds would be SMALLER?

Only usually cut myself if I have a small pimple and mow it over as for weepers not very often and only when I use aggressive razors.

Periodic weepers, mostly staunched by the cold water rinse, sometimes needing styptic. Once in a blue moon a lapse of attention will yield a small nick. But this latter is a rarity.

I get weepers quite frequently but have only nicked myself once near the jawline transition to neck. That one bled for quite a while.

Unfortunately, I draw blood about every week lately. I have a bad spine injury, and I can't stand in front of the mirror very long, so I rush too much. That, and I'm constantly changing razors and other variables in my routine. About five minutes into my shave I am having pain, within ten minutes I'm so sore I have to finish no matter what. I've tried shower shaving and I just can't get the hang of it. And I just don't like to do it. I think it's too dangerous. So I have to hurry through my shaves. But even with limited time, and the pain factor, I still enjoy a good shave. Usually two passes is all I can manage. WTG, and ATG. But that's the way it is, and I can't do anything about it.

I'll nick myself from time to time. I nearly always feel it and it's nearly always my fault. Not paying attention or trying to do something quickly is the usual culprit. I used to cut myself in the same spot (the underside of my right nostril) frequently when trying to get a stubborn hair on my upper lip, near the nose. Then, I realized the side of the blade actually protrudes from the razor and that's what was cutting my nose. It doesn't happen anymore!

I'm pretty sure I've never had a weeper.

Top Bottom