What's new

Blood?

I always say..... Any shave where all the red stuff stays on the inside is a GOOD SHAVE...

Weepers on occasion. Nicks and cuts are a rarity (once a month maybe).

But when I do cut myself it is a good one :yesnod: none of that half way stuff for me..

I've only been at this three months....I cut myself a lot in the beginning. less and less as times goes by. generally only when I rush or my routine is thrown off such as being in a hotel.

I get one maybe once every other week, nothing major though and most don't require a styptic pencil. I do have a mole on my chin that I have to be careful with. If I get any sort of nick or weeper there it will surely bleed and bleed all morning.

I have a mole on the left side of my face, just above my cheek, that if I'm not careful can result in some bloodshed. I've only gotten it twice, but it was nasty both times. I've also learned that going ATG below the jawline ALWAYS results in blood, so I don't do it, ever.

I think only when I use a shavette.

Bloodless nicks do present themselves once or twice a week though - I know of their presence only through the alum block.

With my face it is very rare. Maybe once a month or less. But I have just started shaving my head and... it hasn't gone great. I have a couple of bad nicks and have had to stop shaving my head for a few days. NO FUN!! But it is a learning process for me with the DE and shaving my head. It is just going to take me some time!

Thank you good sir!

A weeper or two now and then is nothing as far as I'm concerned. Nicks and cuts are another story. You really want to avoid them, and now that my technique is solid, I'm happy to say I usually do.

A few weepers here & there but rarely any proper cuts. Many shaves are blood-free which makes me very happy indeed.

I imagine if I only did two passes I'd get hardly any blood ever.

+1 for this. After my first 3-4 weeks, nicks never (unless I get really careless) and a weeper now and then.

I suppose technically, I get weepers every now and then(once a month or so). Genuine nicks/gashes/cuts are indeed different and quite rare for this wet shaver. Just to refine my post a bit. Thanks.

It's been ages since I've managed to cut, nick, or slash myself. That said, it did happen when I got started. Learning to anticipate sneezes has been a great help.

Weepers happen on occasion. My skin is tissue thin. (Didn't do that pun on purpose but I am proud of myself.) I don't bother with alum or styptic pencils. Cool water and 30 seconds takes care of the situation every time.

+1 for this. After my first 3-4 weeks, nicks never (unless I get really careless) and a weeper now and then.

I tend to day dream or debug code in my head when I shave so sometimes I "forget" that I have a razor in my hands and... you guessed it.....

I nick myself a few times a month. Last week the dog was going nuts and got sick (threw up) and I bounced the razor of my face and git a good nick on the jawline. [emoji34]

Quite infrequently - probably once or month, or less, and never more than a weeper. Weepers are pretty tough to completely avoid, and just the slightest little perturbations (pimples, etc) on your face can lead to them. Nicks/cuts - I never get those.

I tend to day dream or debug code in my head when I shave so sometimes I "forget" that I have a razor in my hands and... you guessed it.....

So, so true. Any sort of ruminating can draw blood. Doubly true if you're anxious or upset about something. :scared: Best take a deep breath and count to ten before that ATG pass. :laugh:

For me I've never really had any cutting issues or really any weepers except for the occasional Adam's apple weeper. It sucks trying to shave around that joker.

I'm 4 shaves into learning to shave with a DE and I really appreciate this thread. So far weepers each time, with nicks 2/4 times.

This thread (and particularly turtle's post) had me thinking -

Has anyone here cut himself so badly that the blood won't stop? - had to put on a dressing (or I hope not - stitches)?

P.S. - I would be glad if everyone responds with a negative on that one.

Top Bottom