What's new

shaving soap or creme?

Hello i am looking for a shaving soap or cream.
i got very dry and sensitive skin and got acne on my neck (hope you can use this information). what should i get for my skin type/condition and what do you prefer?

-best regards Adel

You are in Europe so I will recommend European products. For dry skin I would try one of the French vegetable base soaps, like Institut Karité or Provence Sante. Calani from Germany is also good, but a little expensive. One of your local retailers might even carry the Wilkinson-Sword stick (not the bowl), and its lanolin might suit you.

The obligatory Mitchell's wool fat of course! The lanolin will be great for the dry skin. Anything with lanolin for that matter, barring any potential allergies of course.

I use mostly American artisan soaps and I agree with what everyone here has said - Best to go with a superfatted soap for dry skin. The one European brand that works really well for me, and I have dry skin as well, is the I Coloniali. I don't know how they do it, but their products are incredibly slick which helps prevent razor burn.

I also want to add that the razor blade itself plays a role here as well. I have found that blades that tug on my heavy beard are irritating to my skin(?by irritating the follicles?). I recommend a blade that feels smooth and forgiving as you shave. Sharp does not necessarily mean smooth. A Feathers is the sharpest blade that I use but I would consider either the Voskhod or Treet DuraSharp the smoothest blades that I use. As always, the search for the perfect shave is very personal. YMMV

Top Bottom