What's new

My upcoming scary/silly September

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Uh oh!

I just got back from the sister-in-laws and she had some freebiw things for SWMBO when we were there. She (SIL, not SWMBO) is a runner/jogger and covered 19km this morning. I'm embarrassed to say that I think I would be lucky to do 5 and I used to run cross-country and play a fair bit of soccer only 10 years ago. *sigh*

Anyways, where was I?

Oh yeah, "gifts" and such. Turns out that Schick has a barrel of free razors at her running place for the ladies that I assume is for them to clean-up their pits post-sweaty-run shower. Some of them may have moustaches, I dunno. In any event, she picks up two every time she's there and say that the men are worse and pick up 4-5. :blink:

Now, can you guess where this is going? Guess what I am going to shave with in SEptember?

I'm going to call it ScaryE-ptember or SillE-ptember.

proxy.php

Hey, my face has curves, so this MUST be good for me, right? After all, the blades will "sense" the curves. I'm envisioning a Luke Skywalker with the welders helmet on kind of groove thing.
proxy.php

What's this? I can save $4 off my next replcament cartridge!!!! Wooot!!!!
proxy.php

My adventure starts in the morning!

DISCLAIMER: I have never used a cart with more than two blades before..... ever .... I mean that :blink:

PS. Wish me luck.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I don't expect anyone to copy what I'm doing.... or even want to :001_rolle
It's actually the first time I've had something with >2 blades and I figured, what the heck.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Just messing with ya! I've never shaved with a cart and never will. :001_cool:

Forgot to wish you luck!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I know, and thanks for the well wishes. At least now I'll actually fall into the "normal man" classification for once in my life, except it's a ladies razor. I wonder what it's like to be an average joe(sephine).

Any estimate on how long it will last?

Didn't Gillete claim the Proglide cart would last a month with saving 4 times a week or something like that? That would be 16-17 shaves or so? I'll see what it's like mid-month.... assuming I can go that long.

My neck would explode with ingrowns!!! Aftershave? Don't even think about it with a cartridge razor!!

Good luck!!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Sep-01: Schick Hydro Silk 5-blade thing(1)....Omega 599.............Klar Kabinett...............................Aqua Velva

So this was my first shave ever with a cart which has >2 blades. I do have a Sensor which sees sporadic use, but it is mainly reserver for ear trimming :001_rolle

Impressions? Well the shave went easy enough. Almost too easy. It felt like I was rubbing a micro-fibre cloth over my face. Very little feeling at all, and only now and then did I hear the *snick* of whicker being cut. A very different tactile sensation than I am used to with my straights and DE, that's for sure.

There was a slime trail hanging on to the cart as I finished each stroke, bringing immediately to mind.....
proxy.php

Sort of made me giggle inside, as this razor is anything but fearsome.

Shavewise, it produced an okay result, but I had about 4 weepers in the goatee area which is something I don't experience much. Every few days using my straight or DE, I will get a single weeper but not 4-5. The alum block addressed it easily enough post-shave without any complaint and the Aqua Velva just splashed on like water as well.

Not sure how long this will last, but I'm in it until it's dead.

You gonna start wearing ladies deodorant too? Ahahaha! Hey, I've used one of those multi blade razors before (not a ladies model) when out of town on business. Left my blades at home. However, I was able to get a DFS with many passes. I did get quite a few ingrown hairs after a few days though. So, good luck!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Day-2 on my journey into the realm of the average joe and their 5-bladed thingies.

Sep-02: Schick Hydro Silk 5-blade thing(2)....Omega 599.............Klar Kabinett...............................Aqua Velva

I really had to work hard around the nose area to get that giant razor head to pick up the hairs around the nostrils. Didn't notice that it wasn't "clean" there yesterday during the shave, but by 4 o'clock I had a mini-moustache on either side of my septum.

Even though the shave result was VERY nice, the slime trails and giant head are playing against the razor.

You know, your manliness was already in question with that pansy example of 3017ing that you displayed, I mean, talk about limp wristed. And now this!

J/k Actually, I applaud your approach to 3017ing and mean no offence to the limp wristed among us.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You have to work pretty hard to offend me. I'm too dumb to know when I've been insulted :tongue_sm Actually, I am sort of limp-wristed after blowing them out doing pushups years ago. Now my pushups (even up to 5 at a time!!) are either fist/knuckle ones or using push-up bars. (thankfully, no typo on that last word)

As for it being a body razor, yup, I know. But hair is hair, blades are blades, and shaving is shaving. I fully expected challenges around the nose, but have to say that the super pivoting head is great for the chin cleft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom