What's new

Speicktember 2014

I also suffer from chronoic Speick underusage, due to too much variety in my den. Thank you Speicktember for encouraging my Speick experience! Number nine logged...number 9...number 9...number 9...

#7-9
Same kit as before.

I've been trying to think of something witty to add, but what can I say which hasn't already been said? The Speick soap stick and AS splash continue to impress and I've been getting some great shaves with them.

I visited a temple a few days ago and I realized the scent has something in it which bears a striking similarity to Vibuthi(holy ash). When I first bought this I felt that I knew this scent, only I couldn't pinpoint where I'd smelled it before. Now I know.

Speicktember Shave #2
I have not used Speick since last Speicktember. It is as creamy and wonderful as I remembered. This is going to be an enjoyable month of shaves.

Sept 10, 2014

Shavemac Americana D01
RazoRock Peppermint Shave Lube (As A Pre-Shave)
Speick
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
RazoRock Alum Stick
Myrsol Formula C Splash

Speicktember Shave #3

Sept 11,2014

Shavemac Americana D01
RazoRock Peppermint Shave Lube (As A Pre-Shave)
Speick
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (4)
RazoRock Alum Stick
Myrsol Formula C Splash

Another creamy protective shave.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
full

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great soap. This is also the first stick that I am inclined to keep using in stick form (for now anyway). Not sure if it's the consistency or what is really happening, but I like it as is whereas other sticks would have been transferred into a bowl by now.

What a great soap. This is also the first stick that I am inclined to keep using in stick form (for now anyway). Not sure if it's the consistency or what is really happening, but I like it as is whereas other sticks would have been transferred into a bowl by now.

I've had the same thoughts. I had full intention to use it as a stick for a week or maybe 2 and then grate it into a bowl, but I'm enjoying it as is so far so I'm going to keep on with the stick as is.

So far I'm enjoying the Speick as much as any soap I've ever used.

No idea what number it is... less than 12. :blush:

Yesterday's shave:
1959 E3 Fatboy w/ Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Muhle 25mm STF
Speick Cream
AoS Lavender ASB

It is not horrible but certainly different than what I remembered. I will power through this bottle and I don't think it will be ordered again. As for the a/s, it will always be part of my aftershave rotation.

I feel the same way about the Speick EDC. Tryed the body soap this week and really like it.

I'm ready... are you?

View attachment 490298

For September, let's share our experiences with Speick products. Anything is fair game. I'll be using the shaving cream, the aftershave splash, and the bar soap for the entire month.

Hi all

After reading all the positive comments about Speick, I just ordered the aftershave splash and the shave stick.
I noticed some folks break off the shave stick and mix it in a lather bowl. Is this method better than applying the stick directly on the wet face?

thanks,

Ara

After reading all the positive comments about Speick, I just ordered the aftershave splash and the shave stick.
I noticed some folks break off the shave stick and mix it in a lather bowl. Is this method better than applying the stick directly on the wet face?

Doesn't matter that much. If you prefer building lather on a puck, then slicing/grating it into a bowl works.

I would definitely suggest trying it as a stick first, because it's easier to work with for travel.

I broke out my Speick cream and bought a shave stick this month. Coincidence? Maybeee . . . :laugh:

It's a great cream, with a wonderful scent. I also like the Balsam aftershave. The cologne and EdT aren't bad (I had to order the EdT from somewhere weird . . . shaving.ie?), but what I'd really love would be a cologne version of the shaving cream scent (valeriana celtica).

Top Bottom