What's new

Speicktember 2014

Excelsior straight, Speick stick, Shavemac Finest

Cut two slices off and mashed into a small MW bowl. Enjoyed the lather, but the bigger brush is not as nimble as the wee TGN Finest.
Gonna need a bigger bowl .

Speick stick mashed into pyrex bowl
Semogue 1305
Parker 94R
Gillette black(1)
Alum
Speick AS splash
This stuff is seriously good.

Another stellar Speick morning.

Speick stick
SR 3824
PILS
Speick splash

Love the smell of this stuff!

I'm in with the stick! I've never got around to buying the splash. Maybe someday. I have about 3/4 of a stick which I am 3017ing. Hopefully, I can knock it completely out before the month is over.

I'm in with the stick! I've never got around to buying the splash. Maybe someday. I have about 3/4 of a stick which I am 3017ing. Hopefully, I can knock it completely out before the month is over.

The splash is fantastic. I'd like to get a sample of the balm at some point, just to try it out.

First shave with Speick this morning. I wonder why I shave with anything else, for the most part.

This month I'm also trying to use a single-edge razor. I have a Gem Jr. that I'm using at the moment. It's like trying to shave with an exceedingly sharp shovel, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Blade angle is all weird relative to a DE.

Mental note to self: need to pick up an injector w/blades somehow.

This thread need more pics guys :)

I had my second shave today with the stick and it was lovely! I had one blade of treet black beauty laying around so i tried that blade in my Ikon OC and it was the smoothest blade i have ever tried. Time to stock up on those blades.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Tomorrow, I'm in!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Excelsior straight, Speick stick, Shavemac Finest

Bowl lathered almost a la Marco Method. Ended up with some of the silkiest, creamiest lather ever.
4 pass shave felt goooood.

The Speick after shave could be the best there is.
+1, one of my favourites too.

I was getting a rather dry lather for the last 2 shaves so I used the bowl today. Forgot how much water this soap can take!

Speick stick
Semogue 1305
Parker 94R/ Gillette black(2)
Speick splash
Done.

#3 Speick cream and stick superlather finished off with Speick splash. All preceded by a shower with Speick body bar.

Top Bottom