What's new

Best/silvertip face lathering brush

Hello all.

Lately, I've been using only sticks rubbing them on face and using boar brushes to face lather. Works great, but I was thinking to add a nice badger brush to my rotation only for face lathering with sticks. I have a larger silvertip, which is not really suitable for the task.
So, what are your opinions on a good face lathering silvertip badger brush below 100 USD?

I have a simpson special in best that i enjoy for face lathering soap sticks. the knot is on the smaller size and the handle has some nice length to it, which i like.

There are a plethora of highly-respected hobbyists here on B&B who could make you a fine face-lathering brush to your exact specifications for well under $100. That would be my recommendation.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Highest recommendation for Shavemac Americana D01 3 band
A wonderful luxury filled 24mm 52mm lofted beauty encased in a banded handle of Faux Ivory, Faux Tortoise, and Genuine Cocobolo Wood.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Or this. I have one of these and it's a fantastic brush. Unfortunately, it's a bit more than $100. If price becomes a non-issue, then I agree with Mike.

I apologize.... Missed the price point.... hmmmmmmmmm below 100 bucks...Simpson Duke 2 in Best perhaps

I would recommend A Thater 4125/0 (22mm knot/ 50mm loft) 3 band. It can be had for $107. I know you would like to keep it under $100, but this a great brush and feels luxurious on the face.

My Simpsons CL1 in best is also great for what you seek...right around 100. The knots are similar in size to the Duke 2 but slightly denser.

I use a 20mm, 45mm loft Whipped Dog silver tip on the road. I use a 24mm/48mm loft at the house, as well as a SOC. I might as eel sell my other brushes, because I haven't used them in months. I don't feel compelled to buy anything pricier. they keep me perfectly satisfied at $30-35. and if you don't like it, it'll sell on the BST.

I use a 20mm, 45mm loft Whipped Dog silver tip on the road. I use a 24mm/48mm loft at the house, as well as a SOC. I might as eel sell my other brushes, because I haven't used them in months. I don't feel compelled to buy anything pricier. they keep me perfectly satisfied at $30-35. and if you don't like it, it'll sell on the BST.

Bingo, Whipped Dog, if you lower the loft, will be a great face lathering silver tip.

To be honest, mine doesn't have the lower loft, and I still face lather with it, with pretty good results...though I do wish I'd set the loft to 50mm or so. C'est la vie.

Thanks guys! I'll look into the options mentioned here. Having a custom-made brush is definitely tempting.

Hello all.

Lately, I've been using only sticks rubbing them on face and using boar brushes to face lather. Works great, but I was thinking to add a nice badger brush to my rotation only for face lathering with sticks. I have a larger silvertip, which is not really suitable for the task.
So, what are your opinions on a good face lathering silvertip badger brush below 100 USD?
Duke 2

I love my Whipped Dogs. You really can't go wrong with them for ~$35.

I'll also toss the Simpson Berekeley (around $50) into the ring for consideration. It's a fantastic face latherer and the best badger is equal to my similarly spec'd WD Silvertip.

Top Bottom