What's new

What's Considered The Best?

If price is not an object, what would most consider the best of the best in these categories?
- DE Razor
- Adjustable Razor
- Brush
- Cream
- Soaps

I don't see many of this discussion around here.

the reason you dont see many of these around here is because YMMV, having said that, i know what you mean, if many ppl name a certain product favorably chances are that it will be very good

that happened to me and Proraso, many many guys here say it is one of the best, i tried it myself and felt the same way

If price is not an object, what would most consider the best of the best in these categories?
- DE Razor
- Adjustable Razor
- Brush
- Cream
- Soaps

Well the point of thee boards is exactly that....to discuss these types of products. There are a bunch of threads in the Brush category where you will find "brush wars". Other than that, read reviews and/or ask more specific questions. Shaving products are very personal and my favorites will most likely be different than what another man might like.

- DE Razor
- Adjustable Razor
- Brush
- Cream
- Soaps

There cannot possibly be an objective answer to this question because this thing of ours is largely subjective. It's all about the razor that suits you best, the brush that works best with the soap or cream you enjoy the most. Good luck in your search to find what best suits you! :thumbsup:

-Michael

I remember a youtube video titled "Can't Hardly Miss" Shave Gear thay you may find informative and discusses products that most people agree are worthwhile. Link

the reason you dont see many of these around here is because YMMV, having said that, i know what you mean, if many ppl name a certain product favorably chances are that it will be very good ...
+1

There cannot possibly be an objective answer to this question because this thing of ours is largely subjective. It's all about the razor that suits you best, the brush that works best with the soap or cream you enjoy the most.
+1

As noted, there is no 'best' -- only best for you. And the number of products out there are so numerous that one could spend many moons searching. And there's always the possibility of better. :biggrin:

That said, I'm quite pleased with my dirt-cheap Tweezerman brush and lime Col. Conk soap. Current favorite tools include a Gillette Slim Adjustable (with Derby Extra blades), and a Schick Krona (with Crystal blades).
(I also have a Super Speed, which is nice, but I vastly prefer a longer razor. It currently houses a Feather blade, which provides a fiendishly close 2-pass shave, but at the potential cost of nicks and razor burn).

Final note -- IMHO, half of the fun is considering, acquiring & evaluating the tools; the other half is developing the skills necessary to employ them to their best effect.

Enjoy.

- Richard

Well the point of thee boards is exactly that....to discuss these types of products. There are a bunch of threads in the Brush category where you will find "brush wars". Other than that, read reviews and/or ask more specific questions. Shaving products are very personal and my favorites will most likely be different than what another man might like.

Well yeah, that's why I asked because I usually see only certain things up for sale in the for sale forums.
This way I figured I could actually look outside of that and see if I am missing something

There cannot possibly be an objective answer to this question because this thing of ours is largely subjective. It's all about the razor that suits you best, the brush that works best with the soap or cream you enjoy the most. Good luck in your search to find what best suits you! :thumbsup:

-Michael

It goes along with what I just replied above your post.
I'm just wondering what others thought so I can get more opinions and see what else is out there.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
- DE Razor
- Adjustable Razor
- Brush
- Cream
- Soaps

My best so far:
DE = 1940's style Superspeed
Adjustable = don't know, don't care
Brush = not sure
Cream = Absoposolutely it is Santa Maria Novella
Soap = I'm still looking, but AOS soaps are at the top so far

Money has little to do with this sort of thing.

Best DEs ever - Merkur HD and 38c

Best soaps - Mama Bears

Best Creams - too many to mention

Best brush - see above (I prefer small to medium brushes myself)

Best aftershave - Aqua Velva - still one of the best for just pennies a shave!
But there are millions more!

- DE Razor

Gillette Red-tipped Superspeed

- Adjustable Razor

Gillette Fatboy

Savile Row (pick your size...anywhere from 24mm to 30mm)

Coates Sandalwood

Tryphon Permafrost
Taylor's Sandalwood
Trumper's Rose (tallow-based)
Tabac

Good thing you specified soaps in your last one. :wink:

I'm afraid I can't answer this because my whole hobby of wetshaving centres around finding the best shave for ME. And as I have not yet done this naming what I think is the best for other people just seems to be pointless.

Maybe you should rephrase you question to what are the most expensive products in each category then you will get a consensus but best means best to each person. One person may say a tub of Williams Shave Soap for a buck fifty is the best there is and another may say castle Forbes for about $35.00 a tub so your question is too subjective.

That's what I was interested in.
I want everyone to be subjective and tell me what they think is the best.
I know what works for some won't work for others, but how will I know unless I find out what works for others in the first place?
Ya dig?

But if it helps, please proceed to tell me the most expensive products in the field

Top Bottom