What's new

Looking for a new aftershave balm

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I was wondering if anyone can recommend an aftershave balm. I'm currently using Baxter Of California and was just thinking about trying something new.

Boy...You will get many recommendations on this. I prefer AS balms without alcohol because I use a splash before the balm goes on. Just to throw a few out: RazoRock (pick your flavour), Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba and Crabtree & Evelyn (pick your flavour). I find each of these products to be soothing and healing.

Nivea Post Shave Balm either for sensitive skin or regular. Works great, widely available, and inexpensive.

I think QCS balms are the best. (Not that I've tried everything -- The Gentlemen's Refinery has a stellar reputation, but is pricey for me).
I like The Real Shaving Co for cheap and available at my local drug store, but you don't get scent choices.
RazoRock's AS "waxes" are top-notch, too, and so long-lasting I'm sort of impatient waiting till I can try another scent.

+100 for nivea. I use the sensitive for both de and straight shaving. Great product at a decent price.

St Charles and Stirling Balms are excellent, affordable and are in glass bottles. Large selections. I have recently ordered Stirling Orange Chill.

There are lots to choose from:

L'Occitane balms are great, real creams.
Saint Charles Shave's milks are thick liquids and very effective
DR Harris milks are the same way

I recently saw the Shea Moisture line's Tea Tree after shave in my local Target for less than $7. At that price, I thought, "Why not?"
It's a good product with many useful active ingredients, including witch hazel and willow bark. No alcohol.
Pleasant light citrusy scent and effective too.

Top Bottom