What's new

2014 B&B COLLEGE FOOTBALL thread.

Hi Gents: I hope all is well with you & your families. With the Labor Day Weekend here it marks the start of college football. I am off this weekend and I will be watching the games all day.

So... who is your favorite college football team? I'll start. My school & team is the FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES.
So... how 'bout you? Who is your favorite college football team?

Enjoy your your weekend. I know I am. GO NOLES !!!

WARHAWK

Here is my College Football SOTD: August 30, 2014
proxy.php

Hello??? Anyone here... 60 views and no participation??? I know I am not the only one here on B&B that is a big sports fan. Don't be shy and join in.:thumbup:

WARHAWK

I'm a college football maniac! My team is Nebraska and has been since the 70s. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're always interesting. They rolled over Florida Atlantic today 55-7 and had 784 yards total offense, including a behind the back catch by a WR.

I'm a college football maniac! My team is Nebraska and has been since the 70s. Love 'em or hate 'em, they're always interesting. They rolled over Florida Atlantic today 55-7 and had 784 yards total offense, including a behind the back catch by a WR.

Nebraska has a rich and glorious history. The Tom Osborne years were great. Yes... I saw that amazing behind the back catch on ESPN. Of course, it got the play of the day.

WARHAWK

As you can tell by my name, I'm a huge LSU fan. I was worried last night, Wisconsin was getting the best of us until the 4th quarter. I love college football though, I'll pretty much watch any game. I look forward to the season.

As you can tell by my name, I'm a huge LSU fan. I was worried last night, Wisconsin was getting the best of us until the 4th quarter. I love college football though, I'll pretty much watch any game. I look forward to the season.

After watching the Florida State game I quickly turned to the Wisconsin vs LSU game. I did not know that LSU has a winning record when trailing going into the 4th quarter under the Les Miles. I love your coach. He can recruit and his players never ever panic when they are behind.

WARHAWK

I agree warhawk! Certainly more college football fans exist here. Just ran across this thread so I will weigh in.

I am a hybrid Auburn Tiger, Georgia Bulldog and Tennessee Vol fan - even though I graduated from the University of Kansas (more on that during basketball season) . I have paid or am paying tuition to the three SEC institutions above. When asked who I cheer for its a simple rule - when not playing each other I cheer for each one individually. When one plays the other, like the upcoming November Georgia-Auburn game, I will be a Tiger fan as I have a son currently attending Auburn and am paying out of state tuition. If all three play each other on the same day then its a football first and I will cross that bridge when I come to it :)

Alabama Crimson Tide! We had a sloppy first game, but hopefully we'll get the kinks worked out before we get into the tougher part of our schedule.

Tide fan here. We didn't look sharp so hopefully Saban and Kirby can clean everything up. Lot of work ahead of them.

Roll Tide Roll. Hopefully we can get this Kiffen situation sorted out. I have a bad feeling about this, you don't hire a guy that was pulled off the bus and fired from his last job.

Alabama Crimson Tide! We had a sloppy first game, but hopefully we'll get the kinks worked out before we get into the tougher part of our schedule.

Tide fan here. We didn't look sharp so hopefully Saban and Kirby can clean everything up. Lot of work ahead of them.

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but our receivers are not that great. They could be as the year goes on, but did you see the drops we had in that game? AL had the one big drop with the kid that was wide open and tried to get to the end zone before he had the ball, but WVU had numerous drops that could've sent that score the other way.

Our QB on the other hand? We may be on to something there.

I don't love Alabama, but I am a Nick Saban fan. I think the Tide may have serious issues on defense this year, at least in their secondary early on, and could struggle against SEC talent that exceeds what our kids had for them, though we played them well. Let's not forget, it was OUR first game also.

Roll Tide Roll. Hopefully we can get this Kiffen situation sorted out. I have a bad feeling about this, you don't hire a guy that was pulled off the bus and fired from his last job.

What part of 33 points was not good? The Tide's main issue was defense, not offense from where I was sitting. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Kiffin, but he is a very competent coordinator, and there were people a lot more informed than me that questioned whether 'bama could even score the 27-28pts they were favored by, let alone outscore the Mountaineers by that much.

...not hearing a lot of credit going to WVU here. Could be that Alabama just played a good team that is a bad matchup for them. It's not by accident that Trickett threw for the 2nd most yards ever against a Saban defense at AL. And Lane Kiffin had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Hey Steve mountaineer- I counted 5 passes on W.V. that were either dropped or overthrown that could have changed the game. Yes we missed on 2 or 3 passes to wide open receivers also that could have been game changers for us. What got me was Alabama's defense. I mean we could not line up. I give W.V. all the credit, Trickett was outstanding. But as both teams played o. k. for the first game. Let's give both teams 3 or 4 games and see what both teams have.

Trey Depriest being out on suspension played a part in our defense being on their heels. Eddie Jackson is also practicing with the first string db's this week, so he appears to be ready to go after his knee surgery. I also think that WV has improved from last year and their coaches had them ready to play. Saban also said after the game that WV threw some things at us that they hadn't seen and it affected the defense, too. We may very well not have the team we've had over the past couple of years, but I'm not giving up on them yet after only one game. Time will tell, as it always seems to do.

Well, my Mountaineers put up a good fight against 'bama yesterday, so despite the loss, my hopes for 2014 are actually improved.
I'm a WVU fan too. We had some horrible calls go against us, and some non calls. But the the thing that killed us the most was the dropped passes. A couple of our WR's seemed to have gotten together before the game and shared a tub of buttered popcorn, lol. While I do feel better about this season after the game, I am still a little concerned about our D. It looks better, but we didn't have much player rotation at all. If we stick to that we are going to get killed in Big 12 play. Overall it was a great game and we had our chances to pull the upset, but just couldn't get it done.

Top Bottom