What's new

2014 B&B COLLEGE FOOTBALL thread.

Well, my Mountaineers didn't pull it off. My hats off to Oklahoma, they came out in the second half and basically just wore us down by handing off to that freak in the backfield, lol. By the way, we are not looking forward to facing that kid for another 3 years. That being said, I have to vent a little. I am really getting tired of bad and no calls going against us in these big games. Now I am not blaming the refs for either lose, Bama or Oklahoma. In both games we made mistakes and didn't make plays we should have and that is why we lost. Sorry for the rant, and I know it's part of the game, it is just frustrating. Once again, my hats off to the Sooners, I really believe they have a shot at winning the NC this year. It will take damn near perfect game from a team to beat them.

Well, my Mountaineers didn't pull it off. My hats off to Oklahoma, they came out in the second half and basically just wore us down by handing off to that freak in the backfield, lol. By the way, we are not looking forward to facing that kid for another 3 years. That being said, I have to vent a little. I am really getting tired of bad and no calls going against us in these big games. Now I am not blaming the refs for either lose, Bama or Oklahoma. In both games we made mistakes and didn't make plays we should have and that is why we lost. Sorry for the rant, and I know it's part of the game, it is just frustrating. Once again, my hats off to the Sooners, I really believe they have a shot at winning the NC this year. It will take damn near perfect game from a team to beat them.

I was more impressed with the Sooners than Bama, to be honest. Or maybe we just matched up better against Saban's group. I felt like we played Alabama even for most of that game, but OU had us on our heels for much of the 2nd half of that game.

Either way, WVU has played two of the top 5 teams in the country and never looked like they didn't belong on the field with them so it could end up being a really good year, and a much better year than predicted.

Of course we barely eked one out against Maryland too, so I'm not ready to get too excited.

I was more impressed with the Sooners than Bama, to be honest. Or maybe we just matched up better against Saban's group. I felt like we played Alabama even for most of that game, but OU had us on our heels for much of the 2nd half of that game.

Either way, WVU has played two of the top 5 teams in the country and never looked like they didn't belong on the field with them so it could end up being a really good year, and a much better year than predicted.

Of course we barely eked one out against Maryland too, so I'm not ready to get too excited.
I agree with you 100% on that. The Sooners impressed me more than Bama did. They do seem to have a weakness though. Their corner, #15, couldn't keep up with White and we should have kept throwing to him until they stopped it. And I'm still trying to figure out why Smallwood only had 2 catches. He has been one of our best weapons out of the slot position, and one of his catches was for 37 yards. Anyway, Oklahoma will be very tough to beat, especially if they have a lead coming out of the half. All they will have to do is turn and hand it off to that stud they have. I think Bama has gotten a little better since we played, but they still look very beatable to me.

Alabama is not always impressive but always around in the end. Now we are a threat in the passing game the running game might be a bigger force to reckon with. Remember every team is getting better each week.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Hmm, seems that the raters have erred a tad this week, after the Ducks were clucked on Thursday, today there were a couple other upsets. Will be interesting to see how the so-called experts vote this week ..

Ups and downs. After six years of living outside of Alabama I figured out how to listen to Eli Gold on my phone. Then I listened to him tell me about that loss.

Yeah, quite a few days in the college football world. #s 1, 2, 4 and 6 down. Crazy. I have to admit, though, as a Notre Dame fan I'm pretty excited to see what happens.

Last edited:
Yeah, quite a few days in the college football world. #s 1, 2, 4 and 6 down. Crazy. I have to admit, though, as a Notre Dame fan I'm pretty excited to see what happens.
If Bama can't win it all, and at this point, I don't think we can, I hope the Irish will be the champions.

INB4 someone says, maybe not... :)
Maybe a better way to say it would have been, someones D will have to play a perfect game, TCU did just that. TCU has a great D, #1 in the nation right now. This just maybe one of those years where you don't want to be ranked in the top 10, lol. Reminds me of the 2007 season, I think that was the year. When top 10 teams were getting upset all season long.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Maybe a better way to say it would have been, someones D will have to play a perfect game, TCU did just that. TCU has a great D, #1 in the nation right now.

I don't know if that was a perfect game or not for TCU. I do know they were the better team Saturday, and beat OU.

I remember two other games that TCU upset OU. Both of those, were home games for OU. TCU has a great team and has an excellent history of giant killing. Parity makes for great college football and I am glad TCU is apart of the Big 12.

I don't know if that was a perfect game or not for TCU. I do know they were the better team Saturday, and beat OU.

I remember two other games that TCU upset OU. Both of those, were home games for OU. TCU has a great team and has an excellent history of giant killing. Parity makes for great college football and I am glad TCU is apart of the Big 12.
May not have been perfect, but they won the turnover battle. And they held that freak of nature in your backfield under 100 yards rushing. That was probably the key right there. Man I can't wait until my Mountaineers get our Dline depth built up, that is what kills us on D.

Well, my Mountaineers played like crap for 3 and a half quarters, then decided to wake up. We scored 17 points, including the game winning 55 yard FG, in 6 minutes to pull out the victory. We will not get away with playing like that this coming Saturday, when we play Baylor. I just hope the team is ready to play and we don't get blown out like we did last year.

Today's the big day. Will FSU continue their run or will the Golden Domers find a way to stop them?

Well, I've let myself calm down after last night's game and can honestly say that it still makes me sick. That loss was much harder than the loss to Alabama in the BCS game two years ago. Hopefully ND still stays fairly high in the polls, but based on historical precedent I'm guessing they drop to about 8 or 9. Anyway, plenty of football left this season, but man that loss stung. Congrats to FSU and their fans.

Yeah, that was a tough loss for the Irish. I was rooting for you guys and still conflicted on that last call. I know technically it's in the rules, but it didn't contribute to the touchdown.
On a good note, my team looked like champions again, finally. Hopefully we can continue to improve and win out from this point.

Top Bottom