What's new

2014 B&B COLLEGE FOOTBALL thread.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Hi Gents: I hope all is well with you & your families. With the Labor Day Weekend here it marks the start of college football. I am off this weekend and I will be watching the games all day.

So... who is your favorite college football team? I'll start. My school & team is the FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES.
So... how 'bout you? Who is your favorite college football team?

Enjoy your your weekend. I know I am. GO NOLES !!!

WARHAWK

Since I was a kid my favorite college team has been Michigan. It was/is the awesome helmet that hooked me.
Speaking of being hooked:
on the 30th of August, a friend and I drove to San Antonio to watch the local team from this area play none other than the Odessa Permian Panthers from Friday Night Lights fame. A little background. Although I am a South Texas boy, I graduated from Odessa Permian so this was a treat seeing them from the stands and not looking up into the stands.
AND, being so near Austin and being that the Horns were playing in town......

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Since I was a kid my favorite college team has been Michigan. It was/is the awesome helmet that hooked me.
on the 30th of August, a friend and I drove to San Antonio to watch the local team from this area play none other than the Odessa Permian Panthers from Friday Night Lights fame. A little background. Although I am a South Texas boy, I graduated from Odessa Permian so this was a treat seeing them from the stands and not looking up into the stands.

Now don't tell me you went to a horns game without giving me a what's up. As for Michigan...what?

The Texas Longhorns(hook'em)and the Baylor Bears.

martym

Now don't tell me you went to a horns game without giving me a what's up. As for Michigan...what?

The Texas Longhorns(hook'em)and the Baylor Bears.

It was a spur of the moment, last minute decision thing. We went to the high school game and then went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. I picked up 2 cheesecakes and Chicken Madera for my wife. Then we started to drive South and we both said.. Well, you know what we said. And so we drove to the game knowing we were going to get into trouble and knowing that we both had to be at work at 0600.
So, of course I caught hell when I got home at 0300 and to top it off, got a nail in a tire and I was driving her car!
Had I planned on going to see the horns, I would have invited you but we weren't going to go because of the time constraints. Sorry!
marty

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It was a spur of the moment, last minute decision thing. We went to the high school game and then went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. I picked up 2 cheesecakes and Chicken Madera for my wife. Then we started to drive South and we both said.. Well, you know what we said. And so we drove to the game knowing we were going to get into trouble and knowing that we both had to be at work at 0600.
So, of course I caught hell when I got home at 0300 and to top it off, got a nail in a tire and I was driving her car!
Had I planned on going to see the horns, I would have invited you but we weren't going to go because of the time constraints. Sorry!
marty

First, how did you get tickets? Second, I forgive you...now send me some deer sausage.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Texas Longhorns and LSU Tigers here.

LSU because SWMBO is from Baton Rouge and is an alumni. Longhorns because I like Austin.

I'm a Canadian, I don't know any better, but I do know I like college ball better than NFL or that thing they call football here, CFL.

Texas Longhorns and LSU Tigers here.

LSU because SWMBO is from Baton Rouge and is an alumni. Longhorns because I like Austin.

I'm a Canadian, I don't know any better, but I do know I like college ball better than NFL or that thing they call football here, CFL.
Great pick on the better half then!! [emoji6]

My favorites is the school I attended . . .

$th-30.jpeg

GO UTES!!! So far we've beaten Idaho State and Fresno State. We're taking the week off before we go to the Big House in Ann Arbor. Then we go into our PAC 12 schedule.

I have been very moved by the Michigan throwback jerseys that have the M on the front with the small numerals. Very impressive looking jersey that I wish UM would adopt as their everyday jersey.

My favorites is the school I attended . . .

View attachment 493126

GO UTES!!! So far we've beaten Idaho State and Fresno State. We're taking the week off before we go to the Big House in Ann Arbor. Then we go into our PAC 12 schedule.
Yuck! Still mad at you guys for roughing us up in the Sugar Bowl! Unfortunately, this was the first game I attended where we lost! All jokes aside, your team came ready to play and left nothing on the field. Well deserved victory.

BYU Cougars! Really enjoyed the smackdown we gave Texas yesterday, 41-7. No comment on the posts immediately preceding mine. ;)

martym

BYU Cougars! Really enjoyed the smackdown we gave Texas yesterday, 41-7. No comment on the posts immediately preceding mine. ;)

That was a good old whooping they gave them. And then Notre Dame giving Michigan whut fer! I was being punished for my sins on opening weekend.
Just a side note: another local team played Odessa Permian this last Saturday. The team from Mission, Texas went all the way to Odessa and got beat 44-8. Permian is still not back to their 70's and 80's Friday Night Lights levels, but are playing much better.

I enjoyed it also. I know I should root for my fellow Big 12 members, but I always love it when Texas gets smacked around a little, lol.

Top Bottom