What's new

In the market for a mild and agile new production oc.

Merkur 1904 with a Weber bulldog handle is a mild OC with nice weight and form factor.

but i like the same setup with a prewar Tech head better.

Fatip head also works on the Weber handle, is available in nickle, but is a lot more aggro.

If your willing to go a little more aggressive, RazoRock makes very reasonably priced OC with a few different handle options within your budget.

I received my Merkur 15c today and I am impressed by the appearance of quality. I can not find any flaws in the plating and the engravings and knurling are nice and sharp. Time will tell if it holds up long enough. I do not expect it to outlast my all brass Tech but does it really need to? The Tech will probably outlast me.

I look forward to tomorrow's shave. Then again...I usually do!

I received my Merkur 15c today and I am impressed by the appearance of quality. I can not find any flaws in the plating and the engravings and knurling are nice and sharp. Time will tell if it holds up long enough. I do not expect it to outlast my all brass Tech but does it really need to? The Tech will probably outlast me.

I look forward to tomorrow's shave. Then again...I usually do!
Good luck with your shave!

Last edited:
I used it this morning and it was a wonderful shave.

I loaded it with a Derby as that blade works well for me in most razors and gives just a little more feedback. The angle was very easy to find and I did my usual 2 pass shave with gentle repetitive strokes here and there. For me it was every bit as efficient as my Tech but worked better in my trouble spots near the edges of my mouth.

One shave in but it feels like a keeper!

Nice! It is a fantastic razor of one does not care for BBS!

I do not like to declare bbs but now, about 5 hours after the shave, I still do not feel any stubble when rubbing atg for the biggest part of my face. There is just a hint of stubble under the jawline which I am confident to be within the reach of this marvel.

Top Bottom