What's new

First Injector Shave

Today was my first shave, after 50+ years, with an injector razor. It was an incredibly close BBS shave. No cut, no nicks, and no weepers! Shaving around the nose was easy with the small angled head. :thumbup1:

SOTD:
Schick M32 Injector razor
Schick Platinum
Simpson Commodore X3
T.O.B.S. Sandalwood
OSMA Alum Block
Generic Witch Hazel
T.O.B.S. Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

$IMG_0580.JPG

$IMG_0576.JPG
This M32 Schick Injector was recently purchased for $12.94 on ebay.

Last edited:
I bought two, still waiting for blades. I hope they come tomorrow, so I can test one this weekend. I have never used an injector.

Congrats on the BBS shave. I have some blades inbound for my newly acquired E-3. Can't wait to get them.

I received the Gillette blades in the mail, today. I loaded the G-1, and did my usual routine. Pre-oil, Prorasso, hot towels. It gave a nice close shave, but it didn't feel like what everyone has been raving about. There was a lot of feedback from the blades, it felt like I could hear and feel every hair being cut. It wasn't uncomfortable, but, it wasn't silky smooth. I tried different angles, but it didn't change anything. I also know it wasn't the pressure, because I applied very little, to none. I know the blades are sharp, because it whacked offf the tops of several ingrown hairs that I "had", thanks to the MMOC shave. After I was finished, my face burned, from the aftershave. What is the problem here? I will try the Schick I-model next weekend.

Last edited:
Injector razors, indeed all SE razors, use a completely different angle than DE razors. The razor is designed for the blade to be almost parallel to the skin--like a straight razor. You start by holding the razor's head flat against your face, then lower the handle just a tiny bit, just enough so that you can hear the whiskers being cut. The angle is way less than the ~30 degrees of a DE razor--more like 5 to 7 degrees. Any steeper than that and you will be scraping your face instead of cutting your stubble.

I tried from flat, to slight angles, but it didn't matter. I will try again with the "I" model, alongside the G, and see the difference. The G isn't damaged because it looks to be new, in every way. I will concentrate on a totally flat shave next time. I don't get it. I can get a smooth feeling shave from a 1912, MMOC, MM Safety bar, Gems, and Wilkinson Empire's. Maybe a bad blade? BTW, I haven't tried the"I" model yet.

I have the I model and find it easy to find the angle and get a BBS shave with no irritation. I did hear the E and G aren't as comfortable.

Today was my first shave, after 50+ years, with an injector razor. It was an incredibly close BBS shave. No cut, no nicks, and no weepers! Shaving around the nose was easy with the small angled head...

This M32 Schick Injector was recently purchased for $12.94 on ebay.

Nice razor at a great price. I love my injectors!

... I loaded the G-1, and did my usual routine. Pre-oil, Prorasso, hot towels. It gave a nice close shave, but it didn't feel like what everyone has been raving about... I know the blades are sharp, because it whacked offf the tops of several ingrown hairs that I "had", thanks to the MMOC shave. After I was finished, my face burned, from the aftershave. What is the problem here? I will try the Schick I-model next weekend.

Since you are familiar with the MMOC, the technique is similar. I have a Canadian E-type. Essentially an E head with a G handle. It is the most aggressive of the E, G, I, and J types that I own. Try a very light touch, very wet, slick lather and make sure you don't go after BBS until you can get an irritation free DFS. Even then, my I or J types see much more use then the E type. The E works great on my cheeks and jawline but my neck doesn't like it.

I had some irritation with my E when I first used it. I got better at it and now I only gat a little irritation if I use it on consecutive days. For me, the I-Type I have is milder and better when I need to shave several days in a row.

The G I have is close to the E. I have a PAL Injecto-matic coming, as well as a Schick L, so we'll see how they perform.

Good luck!

FWIW, I have several G's and J's and get great, comfortable shaves with all of them. I find I prefer the G's to the J's slightly. I can't really identify why, but I do.

I like the Gs better because of the shorter handle compared to my J4. The longer handle keeps hitting my collarbone on N-S passes and it is not as maneuverable as the shorter handles. Otherwise, they both are excellent razors.

Top Bottom