What's new

Let's see you while natural stone collection

I know this might be hard for some of you to get in one picture or not want the significant other to see them all gathered together. But let's see them.

Here's mine.

Thuris, coticules, BBW and a lone translucent.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409351249.583379.jpg

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow. My girlfriend is over tonight and she thinks I only have 3 stones....

Uhhh... I can try. But I'm not pulling all my washitas up from the basement. Gimme a few.

Left to right-ish:

2 SB, 2 TB, 1 TW ark, 1 LWW, 2 W - Arkansas hones
2 Charnley
1 Vosgiennes, 1 Special Stone
10 Thuris + slurries
WOA
CG + slurry
Turkey
Lynn mell
Agate
Jade
BBW
15 Coticules + slurries
4 Jnats + Nagura

I think the only thing missing are a couple Washita.

Of the nats I've owned but don't have any more? La Lune, ToS, LI, QC. I may be forgetting a few. In the past I've used probably around 100+ thuri's, closing in on 50 coti's, a dozen Jnats, A couple dozen arks, a dozen or so Yellow Lakes, A few other misc hones (BBW, CG, etc). The collection is a snake swallowing its own tail. Perpetually sell stones to buy more stones, repeat for a decade, and you wind up here. Stones I regret selling? Not too many. Had a 10.5x2.5 or so Natural combo coti, a 5x2.5 CG. Both got sold because I wasn't getting much I liked out of them, but I miss em as collectors pieces. Oh and my 1x4" hard as glass Y/G thuri. That stone was fun. I sold a bunch of nice barber cut vintage cotis before they started fetching crazy prices on eBay, but I don't really care for using that cut, I like stones long and thin. Still, the veins they used in those stones don't come up much in cuts I like, hence the barbers cuts I have now.

Attachments

• $PICT0029.jpg
    $PICT0029.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 166
  • $PICT0030.jpg
    $PICT0030.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Uhhh... I can try. But I'm not pulling all my washitas up from the basement. Gimme a few.

Left to right-ish:

2 SB, 2 TB, 1 TW ark, 1 LWW, 2 W - Arkansas hones
2 Charnley
1 Vosgiennes, 1 Special Stone
10 Thuris + slurries
WOA
CG + slurry
Turkey
Lynn mell
Agate
Jade
BBW
15 Coticules + slurries
4 Jnats + Nagura

I think the only thing missing are a couple Washita.

Of the nats I've owned but don't have any more? La Lune, ToS, LI, QC. I may be forgetting a few. In the past I've used probably around 100+ thuri's, closing in on 50 coti's, a dozen Jnats, A couple dozen arks, a dozen or so Yellow Lakes, A few other misc hones (BBW, CG, etc). The collection is a snake swallowing its own tail. Perpetually sell stones to buy more stones, repeat for a decade, and you wind up here. Stones I regret selling? Not too many. Had a 10.5x2.5 or so Natural combo coti, a 5x2.5 CG. Both got sold because I wasn't getting much I liked out of them, but I miss em as collectors pieces. Oh and my 1x4" hard as glass Y/G thuri. That stone was fun. I sold a bunch of nice barber cut vintage cotis before they started fetching crazy prices on eBay, but I don't really care for using that cut, I like stones long and thin. Still, the veins they used in those stones don't come up much in cuts I like, hence the barbers cuts I have now.

Damn Ian. I know the feeling. Constantly stones coming in and out my door. Gotta sell to buy normally.

Yeah there are two that I REALLY regret selling. A 6x2 La Vientette and my 6" Blue green Escher. Two of the best stones I have ever touched. I was down to just those two stones at the time and got out of collecting/using straights. Had to sell them to fund customs folders.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
My small collection...
Ozuku asagi on top, La grise, and La Dressante? are the larger coticules, maybe the bout also, and then the Les Lat hybrid. Slate in the middle (needing to be lapped) then Arkansas stone on the right.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409372641.726547.jpg

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Thuris/eschers upper left, cotis upper right. Jnats lower left, Anats lower right. Now I have to hurry and put them back up before my girlfriend wakes up. Lol

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 146
WARNING: Married men are strongly advised to avoid posting in this thread.

REPEAT: If you are married do NOT post in this thread. Do NOT put all of your hones out in the open in a centralized location. Do NOT take a picture of them all together.

Any other "let's see your collection" posts are also to be ignored. Soap, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, pipes, guns etc.

Friends don't let married friends post pics of their collections.

Top Bottom