What's new

a quick hello

Hey b & b,
My brother got me into de razors about 6 months ago. I went new and inexpensive with a weishi handle and have been trying blades searching for the elusive perfect shave. I use soap mainly and sometimes cream; jack black and weleda are the two I've tried. So far the astra has given me the best shave and seems to fit the weishi best(i've tried dorco, personna,feather, crystal, platinum lords, bolzanos). I have been a wet shaver for most of my shaving life, but didn't realize how much I was hampered by cartridges. Even with an aggressive blade on my weishi, I am always happier after a shave, a feeling I never had with cartridges.

I found your forums looking for soap recipes as I have a rack of tallow leftover from making pemmican and as a diy-er I don't want to waste it and making my own shave soap sans chemical is as appealing as making my own beer and wine the same way.

Here's to close shaves and thanks for the great info.

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

thanks for the welcome, fellows. i have noticed the last couple times i shaved, two hairs directly underneath my nose are untouched, though i must be trimming them as they are not growing at all. any tips for getting up close under the nose? i feel like i squeezed and prodded around, but no dice. i'm leary of cutting my nose at that point. the only weakness i've noticed of the de is the space between the blade and the side of the head. or not necessarily weakness, but dealing with that limit and trying to get under my schnoz hasn't worked out so well. any tips are much appreciated.

Top Bottom